HAHAHA ENLISTMENT BONUS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAHAHA ENLISTMENT BONUS!!!

So just checked My Pay.com & my first half of my 20,000$ bonus will be deposited on Fri!!! which 10 grand gets cut down to 7378.12$ Regardless, it's time for some parts! lol Only have a Yosh RS-5. I haven't been a member long, but i'm addicted 2 this forum, and nobody knows more about these bikes than you guys. I'm looking for some opinions on what looks great. don't have many rockets round my way (Northern PA) so i don't get to see what all the parts look like in person. If you recommend something, please be specific. (brand) don't just say frame sliders or euro signals. also probably stupid question but can you buy sprocket kits? (chain & sprockets) or just all seperate? i've only seen them online seperate so far. i wanna go -1/+2. and also, w/ the integrated tail lights on ebay, are any brands junk? throw whatever is on your mind at me. i spend money way too easily and that's a pretty big number for me in my bank account so it's gotta go down. Blue Fox i know you got something for me! lol no popcorn jokes either!

Old 10-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Default RE: HAHAHA ENLISTMENT BONUS!!!

You might want to put that money into something a little more important, like a savings account. if you don't live up to your obligations during your tour, guess what you get to do? pay it alllllllll back. fail your APFT? that's grounds enough for failure of military obligation. bust you down, you get out early, AWOL, ANYTHING! anything is grounds for bonus recoupment.

put your money away until you are finished with your military obligations. by the time you get out, you'll have enough to buy an MV Agusta, or just maybe start planning for you and your wife with child's future. it's a lot of money, don't flush it all away on toys. believe me, you don't want that.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 AM

I understand, not quite the response i was looking 4. lol i know where you are coming from though. my military obligations aren't over for another 6 years. that's a long time. and plus i get the same amount again in 4 years and i'll save that. i'm not looking to spend all of my money right now, just a few hundred to make myself happy. this is my first real bike that's worth putting money into ( 88' ninja 600, 90' FZR 600) and i just want to treat myself for completing training. (****ty 6 months that was) is that so wrong?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:56 AM

a few hundreds turns into a few thousand really quick... believe me. i know. i've been in your shoes. having 4 zeros at the end of a one is a little hard to wrap your head around at first. I just think it's wiser to invest your money in the further you than to squander it foolishly now. You sound young. 18-19 Y/O young. just out of OST and excited to be one of the regulars in the unit. i'm just telling you, it takes only ONE MISTAKE. just please don't **** this up. 20 large is a good down payment on a home. hell, by the time you find a home and a wife, it'll be 30 large!

But it's your money, your life, and i'm not your father. You're on your way to making your own bed. just remember, you have to sleep in it.

enough.

if i had a few thousand to spend on a bike, here's what i would do:

Arata Ti Full exhaust system
QualityFE
PCIII Custom tuned
wheels
Puig DB Shield
Scotts or Öhlins steering damper
Öhlins rear shock
Reworked front suspension
Carbon Fiber trim (OPP Racing, get it at MRI)
pilot powers
HID
security system
ground locks and shackles
signal flushies (like Watsens)
speedohealer (because everyone need one)
rearsets
CRG levers
Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch
Electroluminescent gauges (oh man, they are the SHIIIIIT!)
Best 1 pc. suit money can buy
a kick *** helmet
bitchin gloves
bangin' boots
Full 0 deductable insurance on the bike
and a damn good health/life insureance policy for you.

that's what i'd do.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 AM

thanks battle. i am 20 and fresh out of training and i am NOT looking to spend thousands on this bike. lol i still owe almost 6 grand on it. so just a few hundred. DEF first upgrade is fender elim. i see a lot of ppl on here with CW elim. that the best buy? w/ the lightech signals? or stick w/ integrated? i know, this is all up to me & everything, i just want personal opinions on what looks the best. i'm not looking to turn this into a race bike or anything. just something to be proud of. thanks for taking the time slugger

Old 10-04-2006, 02:31 AM

i see a lot of ppl on here with CW elim. that the best buy?
not in my opinion. personally i think it looks like crap.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:41 AM
Retired Administrator

I have the CW kit and love it. I tried different things and kept running into one problem or another. Then gave up and paid the money. IMO... the best look.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 AM

I would have to agree that the CW FE is the way to go, except the fact that it is really expensive. Overall when going for a clean look, I haven't seen an aftermarket FE that works as well. Maybe a few custom one's but nothing from a store.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:48 AM

so you guys just got the clear alternative integrated tail lights & CW FE? where did you get the clear alternative tail lights? because the OPP CW FE is 150$ plus the $40 for the Lightech signals. you know where i could get a better deal? where did you get yours?

Old 10-05-2006, 01:19 PM

look on ebay for the CW eliminator and the Clear Alternitivies taillight they are all over the place on there look around there are some good prices on there

Quick Reply: HAHAHA ENLISTMENT BONUS!!!