Got pulled over last night

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over last night

Me and my buddy (he was driving his Durango) was leaving these chicks apartment last night, and they decided to go to the gas station and they wanted to see me do a wheelie, so i was thinkin, alright, a lil show for the ladies, so my tires were cold and i clutched it and it just spun up and then i just bounced it and it came up fine, road it for a little while, then right after i sat it down they turned into a gas station, while a cop pulled out and hit the blues, i thought i had seen a blue light so i looked back and saw more blue, but i still didn't see the cop car, so i turned off the next exit and looked back again and thats when i saw him, so.... with cold tires, gas light blinkin, i decided to just pull over and face the consequences. Before he had even reached me i turned off the bike, got off the bike, took the helmet off and gloves off, got out my license and registration, and as soon as he stepped up to me i handed it to him and said "hello officer"
Officer: "I dont need to explain why I pulled you over do I?"
Me: "No sir, I was doin a wheelie for a girl, kinda shows my stupidity"
Officer: "How long have you been riding"
Me: "About 3 years"
Officer: "Have you ever had any citations"
Me: "No sir."
Officer: "Sit tight and ill be right back"
So this whole time i was thinkin, welp this sucks im gonna get a ticket, he comes back up to me after only being in his car for a minutes and says:
Officer: "You know that wreckless driving is 4 points on your license"
Me: "No sir I didn't know that"
Officer: "How old are you?"
Me: "20 sir"
Officer: " Are you in school?"
Me: "Yes sir, im a junior at NC State"
Officer: "We'll I understand how much it takes to go through school so im gonna let you go for tonight since you pulled over and was very polite, but I dont want to see you doin anymore wheelies around here again."
Me: "Thank you so much sir, I appreciate it"
Officer: "Well be carefull"
Me: "Yes sir, thanks again and have a good night."
And so my buddy who was in the durango thought i had ran after I took the exit, so finally i met back up with him at his apartment and gave him the spill and then He pranked the girls as if I had gotten arrested and went to jail, got the bike impounded, etc. Then I got on the phone with them and told em I got fortunate and didn't get a ticket.

So.... I am very thankful that there are some really nice men on the force (This guy was with the Capital State Police Department). Thank you to whoever the officer was! Just thought I would share my first encounter of being pulled over.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Default RE: Got pulled over last night

wow....u lucked out! datscool dat the officer was cool about the whole situation! glad u gt no ticket n not hurt! ride safe man!

Old 02-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned

You were very fortunate on that one...

Old 02-08-2008, 05:31 PM

take his advice and expand on it.

don't wheelie on the streets.

you got lucky. really lucky.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:06 PM

PREACHERS BEWARE, DO NOT READ!!!!

Some cops are cool like that with riders. Ive been snagged on a few times by the po-lice, never got a ticket. On long island, because of the mortality rate and a few other horrible things, if you are going more then 100 they arent even allowed to put there lights on anymore. If clock you at <100 and get behind you, but you run on them, they cant even chase you. I do not recommend this, just stating some interesting facts here. The reasoning for this is because the traffic volume is so high here on the island that unless you are an armed felon that just killed nine grandmas, they cannot chase you because the crime does not outweigh the hazard. Kind of interesting... If this isn't interesting enough, if they do clock you at 90, and you do pull over, as long as you have your license, are on your own bike and have proper insurance (many people around here dont have straight paperwork), the cops will let you go with a 'slow down kid' every time. It makes sense if you think about it, if you ride too fast and hit anything, whatever you hit isnt getting hurt, they pretty much let you put your life in your own hands, the cops are not a threat. I happen to particularly appreciate this because its one less this to worry about when doing 80 on the parkway. Yes guys, I do 80 on the parkway, ooooh no. Im sorry, I just read a thread with a whole lot of preaching and I am slightly irritated with the preaching and whatnot. I apologize for my sarcasm, even though I really do mean it. I ride fast, if i wanted to go slow and look cute id be on a VTX.... but I wear my gear, and ride safe. I actually wake up and run two miles before I shower up and go out on sundays, so that I can be alert as possible. Thats here nor there... I like not having to worry about them.

PS - I ride with a cop in the county I live in, an ER nurse, and some other crazy monkeys.. they are all still doing well, employed, and happy.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:37 AM

Looks like everything lined up for you last night. Definitely take his advice and not risk it again; at least not until you're out of school.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:53 AM

Yea very cool seems like the guy was a veteran. I cut off a cop getting on the highway (in my car of course lol) he was in front of me and i took off. He pulled me over and wrote me 3 citations, after i told him where i work he crossed it all off haha. But yea you were very very lucky

Old 02-09-2008, 08:57 AM

Good post. Not all cops are mean to bikers. I am also glad to see that this wasn't a "I ran from the cops" type of post.

Props to you for pulling over and keeping your cool!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 AM

4 Points on your Driving Record? That's enough for me.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 PM

6 points in the state of VA and a 3000 dollar fine [:'(]

Quick Reply: Got pulled over last night