Got a new bike yesterday!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new bike yesterday!

Hey whats up guys! Finally found a motorcycle! It is a 2003 600rr with like 17k miles! Bought her yesterday for $3700. Very lovely bike. I loved my F4I a lot but this one is just awesome. Sold my F4I about a month ago for $3000. The $700 I spent more on the RR is worth it sorta. Gotta wait and see! haha Let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails Got a new bike yesterday!-rr2.jpg   Got a new bike yesterday!-rr-1.jpg   Got a new bike yesterday!-f-ii.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy orange wheels & swingarm Batman! J/k. Interesting color combo. Won't be hard finding your bike in a crowd. Its got personality.

Sound like you're very happy w/ it. Congrats.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:40 PM
October 2011 ROTM

The bright orange wheels and swingarm is not my cup of tea but hey its not my bike so I don't have to like it lol. As long as you like it that's all that matters. I'm sure that you will love that bike.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 PM

I think the swingarm and rims are awesome. The fairings don't exactly match, unless your a FL Gator's fan, haha. What are your plans in modifying it? I have an 04, so it's nearly the same bike.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:53 PM

Haha Thanks everyone! I love my new bike so much! I mean yeah I understand a lot of people dont like it! they make fun of it but its fine! I dont see ugly at all. I see one of a kind uniqueness! haha. But for mods? I am saving up to buy a chain guard! I just noticed today it was missing a chain guard! and I was thinking of putting more decals but I thought I would rather save my money and buy Repsol fairings! This bike is a keeper from now on. No more selling haha! But there is one problem though! with the front brake! everytime I apply it it like shakes! its weird! and the two brothers exhaust got cut short I think? It sounds strange and is loud as hell!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:15 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise
Haha Thanks everyone! I love my new bike so much! I mean yeah I understand a lot of people dont like it! they make fun of it but its fine! I dont see ugly at all. I see one of a kind uniqueness! haha. But for mods? I am saving up to buy a chain guard! I just noticed today it was missing a chain guard! and I was thinking of putting more decals but I thought I would rather save my money and buy Repsol fairings! This bike is a keeper from now on. No more selling haha! But there is one problem though! with the front brake! everytime I apply it it like shakes! its weird! and the two brothers exhaust got cut short I think? It sounds strange and is loud as hell!
If you hit the front brakes and it shakes it sounds like your front rotors are warped. As for the pipe it may need to be repacked.

Last edited by R Dub; 04-04-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

As Dub said, your rotor is likely bent. Was the bike ever dumped?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 AM

R Dub - The front rotors? I guess so. A buddy of mine who rode it back home to me told me everything was good except for that front brake. He said something just need to be replaced. And with the exhaust I am pretty sure they cut down the exhaust. I looked at photos and videos of Two Bros exhaust on youtube and it should be longer sticking out of the tail haha. Mine is not.

Kazspeed - Yeah I am trying to figure that out. The bike has like a stabalizer on the handle bars? but the previous owner told me the bike has never been down but when I got home and inspected it I am pretty sure it has. The plastics are scratched and saw some cracks. He gave me all the old parts and the foot pegs were broken and the old frame sliders was busted and scratched too. It runs well though!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 AM
October 2011 ROTM

If the rotors are bent or not smooth then when you apply the brake you will be a vibration. If you change the rotors then I would change the pads as well.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

Yeah I would go over the bike with a fine -toothed comb. I highly doubt the stabilizer would be the root of the problem. And if he gave you scratched sliders and a broken peg I would assume it was down too.

If its just the rotor then that is a quick fix though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got a new bike yesterday!