Got My CBR600RR - Pictures Added

Old 10-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got My CBR600RR - Pictures Added

Well, after a lot of foot dragging, I finally got my brand new '07 CBR600RR today in Honda red. I have been riding for quite a while, but this is my first sport bike. I was bouncing back and forth between the CBR600RR and the CBR1000RR, but I am really glad I got the 600, what a sweet bike to ride. I unloaded it from my pickup after the trip home from the dealer, hopped on to take it for a spin, and I could not get off.

After a few miles now, I think the things that will be the toughest to get used to are the unbelievable stopping power of the front brake and an engine the revs like there is no tomorrow. Looking forward to learning though, I just love this bike.

Dave

Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Default RE: Got My CBR600RR Today!!

So, what were you riding before?

Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just be safe and respect it man. These are powerful bikes, and can show you their ugly side VERY quickly. If you haven't already, I would recommend taking the MSF course as soon as possible. Also, remember to wear your gear (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, etc.) If not, I hope you are wearing a flame suit. LOL!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 PM

Congrats on the purchase, its one nasty 600 !! .. Welcome to the addiction and great choice to get the 600rr instead of the 1000rr as your first sports bike. You might live to ride another day. +1 on the gear 100% of the time. Post up some pics.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Just be safe and respect it man. These are powerful bikes, and can show you their ugly side VERY quickly. If you haven't already, I would recommend taking the MSF course as soon as possible. Also, remember to wear your gear (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, etc.) If not, I hope you are wearing a flame suit. LOL!

Awwww.... you beat me to it

Welcome to the site! We are glad to have you. Be responsible with that bad boy. I have a 600 and I can not even fathom the need for a 1000. Hell, I can't even ride this bad boy at 3/4 of what it's capable of so why go bigger. It's still a lot of bike and it is very fast. Be careful, be safe, and gear up.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 PM

I totally agree with sixhundredrr and fox. Theres no way any normal person can ride these bikes to their limits but just be careful, there are way too many variables that cant be controlled on the road. You can be the best rider in the world until a car pulls out in front of you or theres gravel you didnt see..

But either way, great choice for a bike, youll be happy with it.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: skical

Smaller Hondas, a 900 Kaw a few years back, and small and large Harleys.

Ummmm, the 600RR is a lot faster!!

Thanks for the welcome and for the advice everyone. I have skipped across the pavement a couple of times before, and I second the need for good gear, wouldn't ride without it.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Slyncka

.............. or theres gravel you didnt see..
ha ha. very funny.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: deedub

ORIGINAL: skical

Smaller Hondas, a 900 Kaw a few years back, and small and large Harleys.

Ummmm, the 600RR is a lot faster!!

Thanks for the welcome and for the advice everyone. I have skipped across the pavement a couple of times before, and I second the need for good gear, wouldn't ride without it.
I'm glad you know the importance but I am sad you had to find out the hard way. Keep it safe and fun. Best place for your bike is on a track. It was bred with that purpose in mind. You will appreciate it so much more there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got My CBR600RR - Pictures Added