gears or me

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gears or me

lol...

im new at riding so im not sure if its just me or bike might be having problems...today i was riding and everytime that i had to make a complete stop i will leave it on 1 gear to be ready to go...so light turns green,i use some throttle while releasing clutch,then bike will stall,engine turnoff,so i turn on again and try again to go and again stall lol,front 1 gear i go up to neutral but it seens that its not getting neutral,like it jumps from 1 to 2,so after playing with the gears for few mins ill get to go to neutral then i go to 1 gear again and after that it rides fine,but again when im on the road on like 2 gear and im about to stop i go to first,make complete stop and all this happen again,i was thinking maybe im not pulling the clutch all the way in but i dont think its that...can someone tell me if its me or maybe bike needs some adjustments? oh yea,it happens on takeoff lol..
[/align][align=right][/align]

Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 AM
Default RE: gears or me

...no offense but it sounds like you. If you're easy enough with the clutch you should be able to leave in first without ever touching the throttle. If you need to take it to a parking lot and practice it so you don't get rear ended on the road.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:58 AM

no worries... ... yea i need to pratice more on that,but i know its goes on first when im half way on clutch,but ones i touch throttle just alittle bit it dies...only happens on complete stops,when im getting closer to stop sign and see no car i just go slow,dont make complete stop and it rides fine...

Old 06-21-2007, 05:30 AM

I say it's you. Everthing you said makes it sound like your simply just stalling it.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 AM

just a thought if you are having trouble in first gear try taking off 2nd for a while until you get use to it
once you get that good with that then do it in first

Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 AM

I'd have to agree with Justin above, take time in a parking lot and really get the feel of which part of the clutch lever movement is actually making the clutch bite. These bikes will start in first or second without too much issue if you are smooth on the clutch. If you start in second, it will likely stall a bit easier, so thatcould be a good test if you have the smoothness down.

Did you do the MSF class ? They have an excercise where you have both feet on the ground, in first gear on a flat ground, and you let out the clutch so that the bike JUST pulls forward about 3 inches, then you pull it in again. Practising this first little bit of clutch bite is what you need to do.

Good luck,
Chris.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:51 AM

yea i need to practice more,just was wondering if it was the bike or me,but i guess its me lol...when im on 2 and i go down to 1 i should see on the speedometer the N when i pass neutral or no?

Old 06-21-2007, 06:34 PM

Like everyone said it is you!!!! I have the same problem. I am a female just starting to ride and man I do the same dam thing. It is so frustrating. Just keep at it. WE will get it sooner or later!!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:39 PM

practice practice practice thats pretty much all you can do. I know when I first started riding I used stall every once in awhile too, hell I still do so some times. this probaly isn't the best thing to do but you can also try burning the clutch a little bit just don't give to much gas or you'll do a back flip and you WON'T land rubber side down.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:06 PM

cool,good info...

Quick Reply: gears or me