Fullgearcycle Body ( Buyer Beware??? )

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fullgearcycle Body ( Buyer Beware??? )

Well I thought I would try one of the bodies from Fullgearcycle on Ebay. I ordered the solid black (No Paint) body for an 05 600RR. I was going to get it on Ebay but I talked to him through MSN Messenger because I couldn't find the no paint body listed on Ebay. Fullgearcycle said he would just send me an invoice on paypal and he would ship it quickly. He sent the invoice and I paid for the body and a smoked windscreen on 9-20. A couple of days later I asked him for a tracking number. He sent the tracking number and the body was delivered quickly as he said. It arrived on 9-29. 9 days total, China to Florida. That is great. Up to this point I was very happy with this purchase. When I opened the box, all the pieces were there. The only issue at this point was a missing tab on the right side fairing. The quality of everything seemed to be ok, with the exception of the missing tab and the tabs on the little triangle pieces, seemed really thin. Fullgearcycle was not online so I decided to install the body and look for him later to tell him about the missing tab. I did install the body and it went well except for the left side triangle piece. When I started to tighten the bolt in that piece, the tabs snapped off. The fit of the body and the holes were all pretty good. Everything went together nice until the tail section. The lock in the rear seat was not centered on the predrilled hole in the tail plastic. I was able to bend the lock mount a little and it is ok now. I sent Fullgearcycle a message when I seen him online to let him know. He told me he would send me new pieces to replace the side fairing, and the triangle piece. I was thankful, because it seemed to be great service even when there was a little problem. That was on the 29th. I am painting this body and everything is on hold until these pieces get here. after a few days I started sending Fullgearcycle messages asking him for a tracking number so I could find out when it would get delivered and make plans. I have sent him 9 messages tring to find out when they are coming. Fullgearcycle has not responded to any of my questions. I have asked him 9 seperate times when it says he is online and he will not respond to me. Maybe the parts have been shipped and they will arrive soon. I dont know, the lack of communication after he said he would send the replacements makes me nervous. It took 9 total days to get the body, this is day 12 for the pieces. I will update this when they showup, if they do. I had planned to make this posting to tell how happy I had been with the service even when the parts were a little off, but now I don't think I would say that. I will post some pictures soon of the body and the sanding I had to do on the bare (no paint) body. I really think this body will look good when I am finished. If the replacement pieces arrive, the only parts of the body I will say are not good are the vent cutouts in the tail section. I have not attemped to reshape them yet, but that is in my plans. I will update this soon.[/align]