Frame Sliders for 600RR, Which Are Better?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008 | 12:43 PM
|
Default Frame Sliders for 600RR, Which Are Better?

So my bike has fallen over, yet again. This is now the 3rd time in this short north riding season [:@]. Memorial Day weekend, I gotrear-ended by my boy on his 1000 GSXR, when his front master cylinder gave out and he lost his brakes while we were braking for a turn, and he slammed into my swing arm/fender eliminator at about 40 mph. I was pushed off the road, dismounted and stayed on my feet, luckily, but he went inverted over his handle bars and now has a broken hip in 2 spots [], but won't require surgery. Just time and pain to heal.

Then, I was warming her upthis morning before heading out to work, and I was cleaning my visor on my helmet, when I hear this noise and I look over and my bike is laying on the left side, this time (both previous tip-overs were on the right side). My frame slider exploded into three pieces, which shocked me because the right one saved my right fairings twice now with minimal damage to the slider it self, yet one un-moving tip over and this one blew into pieces and now my left fairing is scratched up. I am not sure what kind they are, as they came on the bike when I bought it. They look alot like the shogun sliders, hollowed centerhard plastic type, extended and black. The fall also made my left bar end(bolt and bar end)snap off inside the clip-on, so now I have to drill that out or get a new left clip on. I just put the new bar ends on it two weeks ago...after my boy hit me, they are the extended kind you can get off ebay and now I know why they are so cheap if they just snap off from a tip over. [:@] Both my Pazzo shorty levers are now damaged, which was why I bought the extended bar ends, but if they snap off they are worth less. I AM SO PISSED!! I spent most of the winter hooking my bike up, and now, within 6 weeks, it's trashed. I think I need to buy another bike, one I can ride daily and another I can hook up. I like to work on the bike and hook it up, but I don't want to keep doing the same mods, over and over. ugh. [:@]

So anyways, I'll be needing my 3rd swing arm, and new frame sliders, bar ends and Vortex foot pegs, along with a paint job this winter. It could be alot worse than that, I know, so I am trying to take it all in stride. At least I am still able to ride it.

So here comes the big question...I started looking at frame sliders today on the web and have found three possibilities, and I want to know some info from anyone who has had experiences with any of these parts.

Here are the Shogun sliders, which as I said I think are on my bike now, the right side one did it's job twice, but the left side one blew into pieces from a tip over. So I have mixed feelings about these, but they seem to be very popular and work well.
https://www.motomummy.com/store/prod...amp;quantity=1

I may end up getting the whole bike kit, as eventually I will need the bar ends and spools as well, and for the price, it looks like the best deal I found.

Here are the R&G sliders, they look fine and I like the long extension out the side, just like the Shogun sliders, which seem to stick out farther than other brands. But the higher price is making me think otherwise, and I may as well get the Shogun ones above instead.

Here are the Woodcraft sliders, which I am sure are great quality as Woodcraft produces some nice products, but I am

Old 06-03-2008 | 01:22 PM
Default RE: Frame Sliders for 600RR, Which Are Better?

are you wanting cut or no-cut?

my vote is for r&g because.. well..

they pretty much saved my whole left side at a 40mph lowside.

they are a bit pricy but come with VERY beefy mounts (if you go no-cut)

good luck finding the shoguns ANYWHERE, last time i checked they were backordered from shogun for at least a couple months.

ive heard very good things about the woodcrafts as well..

and motomummy is the cheapest around for the R&G stuff.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25423/5E83FCB196E14897B13C096FACA2B90A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-03-2008 | 01:53 PM

I've had the chance to install both R&G (my own bike) and some Shogun (another, identical 07 RR) sliders. After seeing and installing them both first hand, here's what I can say.

The Shoguns (at least on this bike) do not appear to be as "strong" in the no cut version. My personal preference is to go with the R&G's... even though they cost more. I've heard more good words for R&G than I have shoguns.

Shoguns, though they do not appear to be as "beefy", they are longer... and the relatively low speed low-side I saw a set live through shows that they hold up alright. They're better than nothing for sure. Shoguns are alright, R&G's are better. -personal opinion-

Old 06-03-2008 | 02:13 PM
|

My fairings are already cut from the previous set of frame sliders...like I said above, I think I had Shogun sliders on the bike when I bought, but can't be 100%sure. They look exactly like what is pictured however. It cracked like an egg shell from a no-speed tip over in my driveway.

I'll put up a pic when I get home, if you'd like to see what I mean.

I do prefer the longer style sliders, otherwise I would get the Woodcraft's...but they look too short for my application. Maybe I will just spend the extra $ and get the R&G's.

I usually always order my parts from Motomummy, they seem to beat everyone else and I have had nothing but good things to say about their customer service and sales/parts knowledge.

Old 06-05-2008 | 11:40 PM

I've got the motovation's on mine and I guess they're alright. Thankfully I haven't got to test them yet.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/CIMG0502.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/CIMG0503.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/CIMG0504.jpg

Old 06-07-2008 | 12:32 PM

i have heard that the woodcraft ones are the best, it you read a little about them it will sell you on them

and they come special for the CBR because of how low the mounts are on the bike

Old 06-07-2008 | 06:01 PM

I have the motovation frame sliders for my 06 600.

Old 10-30-2008 | 09:51 AM
|

Revive this thread for guys looking for frame sliders... I'm going to be getting either the Woodcraft or R&G's... anyone have any info on either of these I'd be much appreciated.

I think I may look into the Motovation ones as well...

Old 10-30-2008 | 10:54 AM

Well... I'm gonna stick with my original opinion and say R&G's are the way to go. =)

Old 10-30-2008 | 11:06 AM

I have R&G sliders on my 05

Quick Reply: Frame Sliders for 600RR, Which Are Better?