Foxy 2 Broken (now fixed)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Foxy 2 Broken (now fixed)

Yep. She broke yesterday morning. Went out to start her, and it sounded like the starter was screaming for dear life. The main problem...........the dealer in town has the biggest bunch of retards working in their service department. So, that left me with a problem......

I could not take it to the local dealership in fears that I would get it back looking like this..........

This means that the only other place to take it is to the dealer I bought it from.........70 miles outside of town. This leaves me with an even bigger problem because I do not own a truck, and I only have a beater that barely runs. So, I called up a buddy of mine who is on vacation in California, and asked to borrow his brand new 08 Silverado. Reluctantly, he said yes.

So now I have a truck, but I have no ramp. Nor did I want to push the bike up a steep ramp without the bike running under its own power. So........U-Haul it was.

I ask if they have any motorcycle trailers. No. They just have a 10 x 6 foot ramp trailer.....for $26 bucks/day. Great. So I get the trailer home, load up the bike. But I get off work until 6 pm. So, I had to plead with the boss to get half of today off of work to trailer my bike out. Granted, I now have a 30-foot long vehicle parked at work, taking up at least 9 spaces......pissing off just about everyone at work due to the lack of parking.

So I leave work at 2 pm, and get a call from my friend who owns the truck to pick him up at the airport because his flight arrived way early. And since I have his truck, I was sort of obligated........so I had to now drive another 70 miles, but in the opposite direction.

So to make a long story short, we BARELY got back into town at 6:30 pm, just in time to return the trailer. So $60.00 bucks worth of gas, $28 bucks for the trailer, and half the day wasted, by bike is now being fixed by people I trust.

So now I have a question.........would you have done the same to make sure you can sleep at night knowing your bike is in good hands?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foxy 2 Broken

Uhh sounds like too much trouble to me. And 2 or 3 guys can pick it up and put it in the back of a truck, I did it when I bought the bike

Old 07-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Retired Moderator

^^ Yeah, but the last time we did that we almost dropped my old 06, and I wanted no part in risking that all over again.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:29 AM

GRR

Back it up to a steep bank and roll it on

Old 07-30-2008, 01:44 AM

Best thing to do is find somewhere with a loading ramp and back up to it. The only problem after that is getting it out of the truck...

Old 07-30-2008, 02:00 AM

damn foxxxy... did you find out why she's not starting?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 AM

do it yourself then you never have to worry

Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 AM

All's well, that ends well. Another reason why i need to buy a trailer.....hauling the bike somewhere....so what's the update...is she running yet?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:52 PM

Aren't you a HRCA member if you bought the bike new from the dealership? But to answer your question, I would have done the same. Take it to the people you trust.Do you have a prognosis yet from the deali?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Aren't you a HRCA member if you bought the bike new from the dealership? But to answer your question, I would have done the same. Take it to the people you trust. Do you have a prognosis yet from the deali?
Yep, but since there is a dealer in town, the HRCA membership only covers the bike being towed to the NEAREST dealer.........which is the BS dealer down the street.

Quick Reply: Foxy 2 Broken (now fixed)