Financing for an 18 year old w/ co-signer

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Financing for an 18 year old w/ co-signer

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Forget the interest rate....Insurance rates will be INSANE!

And for the record, I don't even think a majority 16 and 17-year-olds are responsible enough to drive cars...I'll let you make your own conclusions about how I feel about an 18-year-old on a supersport....no offense bro

This I agree with. That supersport is going to be un-believably expensive off the bat, plus insurance, PLUS GEAR. You'd best not be picking up any sort of bike without at least 400$ into gear at a minimum.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:38 PM

like stated above.. you will find someone to finance, interest rate may be very high though!

How is YOUR credit? got a credit card?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:57 PM

Your insurance won't be that bad. I was quoted at 2400 canadian /year with state farm. Go with them as they go by engine size not bike class. 200$ a month is easily affordable with even a poor paying job. Then again if you're not making much money do you want to be working just for your bike?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:59 PM

ok every dont laugh....but when i got my bike i ordered it from michigan, and i had bad credit so i got my buddy to cosign for me who had very very little credit. i put 0 dollars down and they shipped me the bike with an APR of 20.5%....yea me being the dumbass college kid i signed....but luckily a little down the road i got to refinance it. i also only had basic liability through McGraw insurance...

Moral of the story is you can get one....but be cautious of what is in the paperwork....they will screw you anyway they can to get more money

Old 01-28-2008, 10:00 PM

the payments might not be a problem, but the insurance will. i would buy a bike that you can pay cash for and ride that for a while

Old 01-29-2008, 08:04 AM

while you might be able to get the financing at a sky high rate, (they figure they'll repo the bike anyway if you dont keep up with payments), you
could drop it and want new plastics for 1k more.

i would pass on the spanking new supersport and buy a used f3, for now. build your
credit and then trade it in for the '07. good luck in whatever you choose and ride safe.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 AM

dont go new..used is the way to go, especially being 18

Old 01-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

dont go new..used is the way to go, especially being 18
Agreed...get a beater. You can deny it up and down just like I'm sure everybody else in this forum including myself did at one time, but you will lay it down. Spend at least a year learning how a motorcycle works and how to handle the power and responsibility that comes with owning a sportbike.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:02 AM

Hey dont listen to these foos up hereman if u want a new bike and can afford it go out and get a new one Im 21 and financed a 07 600rrwith no co-signer, shouldnt be a problem dude if u say u got a good job and can aford the payments finance it by yourself, i wouldnt have someoneco-sign if i were you, thats how u build up your credit just make sure you make your payments on time. Dealer ships are gunna sale to anyone that is gunna pay money or if they gunna make money of a deal

Old 01-29-2008, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

ORIGINAL: deviniscool
And please, no "you're making a stupid choice being so young". I've had an earful of opinions in the last year on buying a bike, and it'd be good to not hear more criticism. Thanks :]
fine. buy a bike... just not a supersport.

also, if you finance through a bank or CU, full insurance will be required. being 17, insurance will be outrageous.
Not True.... VERY few banks will finance motorcycles. You wont be able to get it because you 17 and have limited credit, so its irrelevant. Also, Honda will only finance new bikes, and they do not require full coverage. I have my bike financed, im 22, and I live in long island, which statistically has the worst traffic, and thus the highest insurance in the country... I pay 600 a year through progressive on my bike, for everything but collision. Anything is possible, dont let people discourage you. You will pay a high interest rate, but like previously stated, its great for building credit and if you make double/triple payments you wont even know the difference. Just please be careful and take the riders, its one hell of a machine.

Also, look into GE money bank, they will finance anyone.

Quick Reply: Financing for an 18 year old w/ co-signer