CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/)
-   -   Finally, I'm done with my 600rr (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600rr-12/finally-im-done-my-600rr-150477/)

Conrice 01-04-2014 12:17 AM

Finally, I'm done with my 600rr

4 Attachment(s)
I bought this as a project a few months ago. Because the PO didn't do the title right - it took me a few months to get it all worked out going back and forth with NC's and FL's DMVs.

Had to replace the shift spine brace behind the clutch basket.
Clutch plates weren't put together correctly, had to fix that.
It had the wrong subframe (03/04), so I corrected that.
It had wrong tail fairings, repaired/painted 05 fairings
Had to put together front brake system (SS lines, pads, calipers, etc.)
Had to replace warped rear brake rotor.
Had to fix wiring.
Wired in LED relay
Modified tail latch lockset.
Had to re- tap motor mounts, tank mount, subframe mounts, etc that were stripped by PO
Made exhaust mount to work with 03/04 exhaust can on 05/06 tail.

Did the Motogp rear reservoir with 2375 Tygon.
Added double bubble
Added shorty levers

I'm pretty happy with how it came out. The red isn't quite as bright in person. It looks pretty sharp to be honest, I got quite a few compliments riding it. I almost sold it to a guy at a gas station on the first test ride (bedding in brakes, hard gear pulls to ensure transmission was good, etc.) I know it has the 03/04 top fairing on there, the PO liked those fairings better Attachment 30374. There's still some stuff I'd change if I were keeping it. Those metal grips suck - grips are the wrong term for them if you're wearing gloves. I'd take about 5-6 inches off of that can. It sticks out way too far. I'd re-upholster the seats. But all in all, it's very mechanically sound.

It's the first time I've rode a 600rr. I was pretty impressed. These are really solid bikes.

Attachment 30375

Attachment 30376

Attachment 30377

R Dub 01-04-2014 11:16 PM

Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the work you put into it.

Conrice 01-06-2014 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 1261488)
Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the work you put into it.

Not mine either, truth be told. The PO was in over his head trying to put this bike back together and wanted to dump this bike and get out of it. I'm pretty sure he thought it had a serious engine problem and that something was wrong with the rear (as the rotor was dragging on the mount), and thought he screwed the engine mounts. But all of those were easy fixes. It helps to have messed with Honda's before as I already had most of the parts I needed. I had a couple of rotors (same as the 954), I had a 600rr M/C, I had a couple of switches, I had a bunch of those fancy nice bolts that hold the rear sets on, etc.

PossibleOne 01-06-2014 04:40 PM

Nicely done chap. That red sure does pop eh?

MistahJuice 01-07-2014 10:55 AM

That red, oh man haha. Not bad just a lot of it. Definitely a head turner. But it definitely looks well put together.

Kuroshio 01-07-2014 08:55 PM

Give him a week and he'll fighter it :D

I like the red :)

Conrice 01-11-2014 11:24 AM

na na na na

NA NA NA NA

AYE AYE AYE

GOOD'BYE!!!

(it's sold...)