finally happened

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: finally happened

well jay it depends but it usually only take a few miles but i got the dunlop 208s but i heard the mich pilots are sweet

Old 01-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

208s warm up quickly, but not quick enough if it's cold mang...but now you have track plastics! did you get frame sliders mang? if not, better get them now!
pilot sport, old school ones take forevers, PP warm up fast...so do diablos...these much faster than 208s.

usually, just some straight blasts will be enough to warm up the tire, like 1 mile or 2 miles...but when it's cold, remember that the heat is transferred to the pavement so tire could get cold very fast too if you're just sitting there.

10 months is good...it only took me six when i lowsided and launched the bike into the other lane but i've learned lots from it.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: pirateoftheCBRRRRR

well jay it depends but it usually only take a few miles but i got the dunlop 208s but i heard the mich pilots are sweet

well.... actually ya they are. but i heard dunlop is coming out with the new qualifiers, and those are supposed to be better i think. i have the pilot powers and they OWN

Old 01-24-2006, 01:54 PM

I'm glad somebody called you about the cold tire remark pirate...many riders blame their equipment rather than taking an honest look at what they did with the equipment to cause the crash. I know there's exceptions, but a motorcycle won't crash by it's self...it needs rider input, so take an honest look at what happened...you got a good start by evaluating the lean angle, but there's more to it...the important thing is to prevent this from happening again and cold tires were a minor element in the crash equation (unless you're Gibernau or Rossi).

Like a few others here, I've ridden in some pretty extreme cold temperatures and cold tires are always on my mind, in fact, in some weather I just assume my tires never warm up, so I use less lean angle, don't accelerate as hard and just plain take it easy. How long a tire takes to warm up depends on the compound, ambient temperature (including road temp), track/road surface and type of riding being done, so there is no exact answer for how long it takes, but on a warm day I give it about a mile and on the track a lap or two.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: drag the knee

ORIGINAL: pirateoftheCBRRRRR

well.... actually ya they are. but i heard dunlop is coming out with the new qualifiers, and those are supposed to be better i think. i have the pilot powers and they OWN
have you tried diablos yet? right there with them...less lean angle though but warms up real fast.
only time i had issues with grip was the tires telling me...it's time to replace me...they PWN!!! buhahahha...
the new qualifiers...SUP WITH THE PRICE MANG!?!?!?

Old 01-25-2006, 01:26 AM

Just bought sport tech m1 anyone know if they are good or not I read a mag that had them right under pilots..Whould have gotten pilotw but the front is almost new and the rear needed replacing didn't want mixed set and didn't want to buy both anyone used them before

Old 01-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: NotSoMellowYellow

Just bought sport tech m1 anyone know if they are good or not I read a mag that had them right under pilots..Whould have gotten pilotw but the front is almost new and the rear needed replacing didn't want mixed set and didn't want to buy both anyone used them before
the m1's are great tires. but you may want to start shopping for the next set. by the time they get shipped here your metz's will be whipped! great tire. horrible tire wear

Old 01-25-2006, 02:11 AM

What are the best tires all round... 16000 miles and plan on 10000 miles more by the end of the summer. Gota go from KS to TX then to Oregon, then New mexico then to dallas then back to KS. all this summer and I don't want to have to buy tires durring the trip...and I want good traction I don't want super hard rubber I'd like to enjoy the turns in the mountaind and all.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:21 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: NotSoMellowYellow

What are the best tires all round... 16000 miles and plan on 10000 miles more by the end of the summer. Gota go from KS to TX then to Oregon, then New mexico then to dallas then back to KS. all this summer and I don't want to have to buy tires durring the trip...and I want good traction I don't want super hard rubber I'd like to enjoy the turns in the mountaind and all.
best tires? wow. this is going to open a big can of worms! anyhow, ive never bought the same tires twice. im constantly looking for the best handling, longest lasting tires. i currently have the bridgestone bt-014 front and rear and i'm pretty pleased with them. better than average handling, great in the wet, but slow to warm up. must be a pretty hard compound. 4300 miles and they're still ok (front-good, rear-maybe 1000 more miles (emphasis on maybe). good luck finding a 10,000 mile set of tires. never heard of any that will last that long. btw, my next set will be the pilot powers.

Old 01-26-2006, 03:21 AM

sorry fret less but it was indeed cold tires and my lean angle i was only going about 10-15 mph with no dew in the air just pulled out of work and slid out on a left hand turn i didnt roll the throttle i was in 2nd and the pavement wasnt wet trust me it was my lean angle cold tires and my ignorance of that fact purely plain and simple

Quick Reply: finally happened