Dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual exhaust

ORIGINAL: TheX

Hey, it must be possible, look at all them cars with dual fart cans and they're super hotrods with no other work done.
It is still a good idea to tune when you put on a car. Most people dont, and thats why they have backfiring, sputtering, fouled plugs, etc;

ORIGINAL: custumize_RR

So what makes you think that dual exhausts is going to give you more performance?????
So you are just magically expecting horsepower to just appear??????
Increased HP happenes when you allow an engine to breath better. i.e. K&N air filter, and Performance exhaust system. What happenes is that when you increase airflow threw the engine.The E.F.I system wants to keep the stock fule to air ratio determined by the computer. Once more airflow is introduced the injectors will deliver more fule into the mix to fix the ratio and in which case, increasing HP. It's not magic... It's mechanics. : )

Also when pistons moves, it sucks air obviously,stock air filtershave lots of resistance, adding a K&N would lower the resistance.if there is less air resistance from your airfilter, results?? you Guessed it. Same thing happenes when you change your stock velocity stacks.

The same concept also applies to the exhaust. Larger, smoother, aftermarket exhausts have smoother bends and larger bore tubing creating lamnar air flow as opposed to stock which is more turbulent. This terbulance adds backpressure adding to the risistnace of the piston coming down robbing the engine of performance.

So as you can see... It's not magic... It's mechanics. : )
Awwwww ****, good luck with that one man!!! Try adding something like that and not tuning it. It will be sluggish, slow, and a****y