Dropped at the dealer!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped at the dealer!

OK, so heres the deal. I went bike shopping (AGAIN) and I was bargaining on an 07' 600RR. After going back and fourth the lowest I could get out of them stealerships was 8800 OTD. With nothing at all included. NO helmet, gloves, jacket, not a thing. :l

So as the sales man was telling me the deal he told me that I can only get the 8800 on the blue bike (color I wanted anyways) because it had "crate damage" The story goes it was a new guy working there, cut the straps off the foot pegs, and when he went to go get somebody to help him get it off the crate it had fallen over.

So they showed me the recieps or whatever you want to call it of all the parts replaced. Basically just fairing, headlight, handle, mirror, lever on the left side. They will not budge right now on that price, and will not give that price on any other 600rr that hasnt been tipped over. He was thinking 9k OTD on the others, and I said hell no!

What are your feelings on the situation?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Default RE: Dropped at the dealer!

Forgot to mention, I would have never been able to tell that it had been down. And also I happend to have my camera with me so I did take some pics. They suck but better than nothing. If I could figure out how to post them up here I will load them on.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:59 PM

if they totally fixed it and you cant tell a difference i say go for it. people drop their bike all the time and it is fine.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:55 PM

Name:  texas009.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  texas007.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  94.7 KB

I know the pics are bad, I do have a fewmore, but might be worse then those pics. and not sure if people wouldwant me filling up a whole page with pics.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

OK, so heres the deal. I went bike shopping (AGAIN) and I was bargaining on an 07' 600RR. After going back and fourth the lowest I could get out of them stealerships was 8800 OTD. With nothing at all included. NO helmet, gloves, jacket, not a thing. :l

So as the sales man was telling me the deal he told me that I can only get the 8800 on the blue bike (color I wanted anyways) because it had "crate damage" The story goes it was a new guy working there, cut the straps off the foot pegs, and when he went to go get somebody to help him get it off the crate it had fallen over.

So they showed me the recieps or whatever you want to call it of all the parts replaced. Basically just fairing, headlight, handle, mirror, lever on the left side. They will not budge right now on that price, and will not give that price on any other 600rr that hasnt been tipped over. He was thinking 9k OTD on the others, and I said hell no!

What are your feelings on the situation?
So, 1,000 less than an UNDAMAGED 08 model, with all that work done on it?

I would tell that guy to take it and stick it.

That's about $1200 worth of parts.

He's charging you full price like that, for a one year old bike, that has been dropped.

Pffttt...avoid

Old 12-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shop elsewhere.

where you located? Near Chattanooga, TN?? If so goto southern powersports

Old 12-28-2007, 11:34 PM

IMO, each year of a bike's existence the price value goes down $1,000 a year.

Scratches, needs new tires, rusty chain, and anything else you have to fix?

That's another grand off right there.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:35 PM

No, unfortunately im not. Im located in Arizona. Phoenix, scottsdale, glendale, tempe type of area, anywhere around Phoenix I guess.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

IMO, each year of a bike's existence the price value goes down $1,000 a year.

Scratches, needs new tires, rusty chain, and anything else you have to fix?

That's another grand off right there.

so my bike is worthless huh?? lol And that same theory would make your F2/3? worth even less lol

Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 PM

A dealer near my parents' has '07s for way below that. I'd say walk away, a shop near Philly had them for that price back in the middle of riding season and that was on sale.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dropped at the dealer!