drifting wide on fast corners

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: drifting wide on fast corners

lol, bad place to brag about a kawasucky......

Old 09-27-2006, 03:54 AM

also, somewhere on here they talk about a "RR" kit, i think it might help.....

Old 09-27-2006, 04:26 AM

Wow, you guys sure are insecure. Well most of you.

To the critics. I am no racer, I might have been put in the fast group, but thats because I excelled pretty quickly on the track. This past saturday was my 3rd track day only. This is why I did not claim to be a racer or the quickest guy around the track. I did good, they put me up, said intermediate A was holding me up. Soooo, anyway, that means I'm a noob on the track really, but I can do propper track times. I have read alot about suspension, but I am not sure at all what/how to set it up correctly. Thats why I'm here.

TO Jet Jockey Z06 Vette , thanks for your reply. Tire pressure was same as mine, 2.1 front, 1.9 back. The tire depth and pressure is fine. I don;t think the tires are really that old. It looks like a second set for the bike, the bike only had 4K KM's on when we got it, and it had run a little of the tire. I have no clue if anyone fiddled with the bike geometry or suspension. It is an imported bike so some Asian dude might know, I don't.

The bike is in mint condition, so I would safely say that its never been down. My wife still rides novice, so she wouldn't be too worried about it now, but shes starting to take the corners nicely and I would like to have the bike perform propperly for when she accidentlally takes that corner a bit too fast. She also complains of her wrists hurting after a few laps on track, says she has to push on the inner bar constantly to track propperly.

arkansashog, dude, are you seeing someone professional to help deal with your insecurities? There is more to turning than just leaning? Wow, no way, do I have to activate my indicater as well? and turn the handlebars? *trick question - turn them in or out?*
Bluefox, dude, where did I say I had a "TRUE" 600, I said 600 class, pay attention in class please. Jealousy might be making you nasty?
woodyracing, dude, what does your bike put out in the way of HP running all stock? I dunno, I just know with a **** load of mods and full pipes I have read of one doing 104HP (real horsepower(corrected))<---Wow, almost beats my stock 112HP, but thats a discussion for another time, we are supposed to be figuring out whats up with my wifes CBR's suspension.
Rippn, I don;t race it was my 3rd time on the track this past saturday, and I don;t know alot about suspension, only what I've read. My bike tracks fine on fat conrers with the stock suspension settings (i bought it new, so I know its stock), but when I do the same laptimes with my wifes CBR, it drifts wide.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:33 AM

Please do critisize, I could do with some critisizm on my form in order to better it and shave a few seconds off my lap times.
P.S. I do about 1m 59secs around phakisa, rossis does a 1m 33secs I believe is his lap record.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10463/B6FD5EA8E2B34EFB82B997FC9B7756A1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10463/6F97EFCEE48F4D169899CD6793121511.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-27-2006, 04:38 AM

-

Old 09-27-2006, 04:39 AM

maybe in the apex of the turn you can drop down a gear and hammer it, see if you can get that *** end to powerslide around a bit, then come out of the turn pullin a nice power wheelie.....

jk, sorry i cant help ya on this one, unless you can do that^

Old 09-27-2006, 04:41 AM

you dont have to tape anything up/remove mirrors etc. to get onto that track??

Old 09-27-2006, 04:49 AM

NO we don;t, the track is Phakisa MotoGP Freeway, the marshals and track orgs are nice, some of them force you to tape up, some don't. Whats nice is we can use the track anytime that there isn't a race or track school. Its always open, we pay R120 and use it for the whole day. Before youa sk, of the three times on the track, two of them were track schools, one was just messing around with the local guys.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:23 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nasty, me nasty??? ROTFLMAO!!!!! Whew, I read it and it seems like you took my little comment a little seriously there man. In fact, you took a lot of peoples comments a little too seriously. You're asking about setting up a CBR for the track. Cool. But you were kind of asking for some sort of retalliation when you mentioned that your Kawasaki is the "slickest" bike. Saying this to "actual" CBR owners on a CBR WEBSITE. But that's just me. Nasty.....LOL!!

Old 09-27-2006, 05:35 AM

Lol, yeah that was kinda triggered by this. --->> sound kind of arrogant to assume that it's the RR making you go wide ..... <--- suggesting that I made the RR bad cause my bike tracks propperly. Oh well, i'm not really that serious, heh, just answered all your comments. But eh, i've learnerd alot of nothing about the suspension of the RR in this thread.

Quick Reply: drifting wide on fast corners