Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DOES HONDA KNOW????

ima tape a pillow to my ***. =]

Old 09-12-2006, 01:51 AM

I've brokin in a FEW Pairs of Combat Boots in my life time..... AS well as broke in a FEW Honda's in my Life time as well.........AND BELEIVE ME I DO SUCK IT UP AND RIDE!! But imagine how long you could ride if your A$$ didn't hurt after a couple hours.....

Old 09-12-2006, 06:21 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some good news! Yeah, the seat is a freaking plank of wood (or so it feels like it). I'm 6' 1", skinny and hate the seat.

I don't believe this is whining either. I've ridden the Kawasaki 6R for a few hours before. Good seat. Same with the Gixxer. The R6 sucks too though. But the Honda seat (even in all the reviews) suck big time. I shouldn't have to "suck it up" with a brand new bike when the other bikes are way more comfortable.

What's the cure? A new seat! And not just any aftermarket seat:

Look to invest into a Corbin seat. They have a website you can go to. They look incredible, use a special foam and seat pan, and uses a textured material so you won't rack yourself everytime you hit the brakes hard. (I know I'm not the only one doing that either!)

The seat retails for about 300 bucks. Yeah, it's a lot of $$$ for a seat, but then again, it made ALL the difference with me. I LOVE my bike even more now that it doesn't make my *** sore anymore. - Plus, I put 1000 miles on my bike every month, so it was worth every penny.

....also, they won't ruin performance at the track either. Track days are just the same, but more comfortable, but I paid 300 bucks for a seat, so I take it off and put back on the factory seat when I go to track days.

Oh, one more thing. I rode to Phoenix from Las Cruces. (6 hour ride). I could have gone for a few more too. Yeah, it's that big of a difference.

Old 09-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: rubbercement

you're not a true rider if u whine about your seat
There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws on our bikes. The seat is one of them. Even Honda admits their seats are "firmer" than others. I've ridden a Gixxer and Kawa ZX-6R, and both have pretty comfortable seats when compared with the 600RR. Every review I've read on the 600RR has stated that the seat is way too firm for what it needs to be. Sportrider magazine came right out and said that it flat out sucks.

Yeah, I know these are sportbikes, but still. If you ride it every day as a commuter, a comforable seat is nice to have. I replaced my stock seat with a Corbin for about $300. (expensive but well worth it) Will NEVER ride with the stock seat ever again. Night and day difference. And the seat isn't thicker, or affect your seating positions on track days. In fact, I feel that I perform better at the track with the Corbin seat than I do with the factory, but that's just me.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:53 AM

You people are funny. My two buddies bought a 06 gsxr600 and an06 ZX6r. We all bitch about our seats. Mine is a 06 600rr. These are not CRUisERS!!!!!!!!!! These are made to go fast, not cruising. I personally recommend high speed cruising!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I have 1000 miles on mine now after 3 weeks, you will get used to it. PUSH YOUR THUMBS ON OTHERS SEATS, OURS ARE PLENTY THICK!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2006, 02:00 PM

after riding road and mountian bike seats for like 8 years these things feel like a lazy boy maybe you need to train you *** to take a beating like me LOL

Old 09-17-2006, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: tweak mt

maybe you need to train you *** to take a beating like me LOL

LOL no comment ^_^

Old 09-18-2006, 12:57 AM

after riding road and mountian bike seats for like 8 years these things feel like a lazy boy maybe you need to train you *** to take a beating like me LOL
Ummm...pass. I'm not a fan of dropping the soap.[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 09-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Retired Moderator

LOL!!! I can't stop laughing man.....can't imagine what the training must have been like....ROTFLMAO!!!!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:17 AM

GET A CORBIN!!!! Best investment i've made to the bike...it seems harder than stock, but with the shape it makes rides 10x's more comfortable

Quick Reply: DOES HONDA KNOW????