DEALER JACKED UP MY BIKE

Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEALER JACKED UP MY BIKE

What do I do now? Dude I am so pissed off. I had the dealer throw some integrated lights for the front until my hotbodies came in. First of all, there were no running lights and they wouldn't blink.....never put resistors on.

But didn't care, only temporary, but check out the pic................

What the heck now?!?!!? Not only did they cut out any place to actually mount my Hotbodies lights, BUT they also cut so far back on the farining no matter what light I use a big frickin hole will show............

They asked if they could cut a little, because the hole wasn't quite big enough...assumed just the two little holes...not that they were gonna take half my fairing off.

Any suggestions for a fix in case they won't do crap, besides just buying new plastic?

thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/3361/8FAF32F541C24FC887FBC600A394A2A0.jpg[/IMG]

in case unrecognizeable....use to be front light area....where one should be able to mount anything that would blink when turning

Old 02-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Default RE: DEALER JACKED UP MY BIKE

Fiber glass patch from any auto place like auto zone will patch that. they also have pvc pach. I used this on a seca fairing (same black plastic) and it was actually stronger where I fixed it. The pvc patch didn't look like it would be the right stuf but it was awsome sandable and everything. believe it or not I even used bondo to fillin in little imperfections. this was all suggested by my father. he is a master at body work and rebulding cars. you need proof Ill send some pics. hope they fix it for you though that is a terible job let us know how it goes.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:39 AM

ORIGINAL: NotSoMellowYellow

Fiber glass patch from any auto place like auto zone will patch that. they also have pvc pach. I used this on a seca fairing (same black plastic) and it was actually stronger where I fixed it. The pvc patch didn't look like it would be the right stuf but it was awsome sandable and everything. believe it or not I even used bondo to fillin in little imperfections. this was all suggested by my father. he is a master at body work and rebulding cars. you need proof Ill send some pics. hope they fix it for you though that is a terible job let us know how it goes.
thanks for the advice....I'll try that if they don't make it right

I have the front fairing off and will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow

Old 02-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Retired Administrator

So.. let's go jack up a dealership. Take a look at this plastic repair kit.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:02 AM

dealer should be held reliable and should have to fix..... but I would wait till your hotbodies come in and they put them on..... IF it doesnt look right make them buy you new plastic and do it right!! thats what I would do....

GOOD LUCK !!

Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: CMHGUY

dealer should be held reliable and should have to fix..... but I would wait till your hotbodies come in and they put them on..... IF it doesnt look right make them buy you new plastic and do it right!! thats what I would do....

GOOD LUCK !!
they are in....I NEVER let them touch my bike any more...had them do this once since should have been really quick for them to do...took 90 min!! Never will I allow that again

Old 02-01-2006, 03:49 PM

sorry to hear about that cj... but yeah i think the dealer is liable and needs to fix it.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:16 PM

wow man, that sucks, i'd give em hell and give em the ole "pay up sucka"

Old 02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Retired Mod

hey cj, go into the dealer and shove that fairing up their asses. then do this [sm=shootshoot.gif] "say hello to my little friend"

Old 02-01-2006, 04:51 PM
L8X

get them to fix that s#it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DEALER JACKED UP MY BIKE