danger rr is a death trap

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default danger rr is a death trap

I can't find the other post on this as I am sure there is but here you guys go.

gaveup quick?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

Vehicle Description

Before you read on, let me reiterate that this bike has been laid down. The bike is sold AS IS. This is a 2007 Honda CBR 600RR with 844 total miles. I took the bike in for its initial servicing at 600 miles. The damage is strictly cosmetic. I have included several pictures of the bike. The damage is common of what you will see when a bike is laid down on grass and pavement. The bike fired right up after we picked it up and I was able to drive it home without a single problem. The cosmetic damage is only on the left side of the bike. The right side is flawless. You'll notice there is a good bit of dust and dirt on the bike because I haven't touched it since yesterday and I'm not going to. I want this bike out of my garage and out of my life. I am no longer willing to accept the risk of owning one of these machines. If you want to know what happened, read below.
I am putting this bike up for auction because of my accident that happened just yesterday. My wife and I were cruising along on some curvy backroads with two of my friends. We approached a VERY sharp curve and before I knew it, we were in trouble. I am assuming that it was the speed/weight ratio that threw my timing off. I immediately searched for the best area to lay the bike down and located a grassy area on the shoulder of the road. When we entered the grassy area there was some ruts from vehicles that had gone off the road in this exact same area. We hit the rut and it ejected my wife. She landed on her leg and received a small hairline fracture on her leg. She is okay but definitely sore. When we hit the rut, my hand came down on the gas and it shot me and the bike back up the hill. If I remember correctly, the bike fell over in the grass and continued skidding onto the road. That's the reason for the dust and rash on the bike.The bike hit the pavement at about 15mph. I received some road rash and a bruised shoulder.
The bike can be ridden as it is but if you prefer, a couple of cosmetic touch ups should do the trick. I have had absolutely NO trouble out of this bike mechanically. Even after the accident, it still purrs like a kitten. Bike has been garage kept and never ridden in the rain or at night. To say that I have pampered this bike is an understatement.
Please look at my feedback and trust that I will answer any question you have and I will take any further pictures that are requested. I have sold a vehicle, an ATV, and a Kawasaki Ninja 250 on Ebay and each of my buyers were completely satisfied. Buyer is responsible for pick up.
Thank you all for looking and happy bidding!

Old 05-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Default RE: danger rr is a death trap

Correction....drivers who don't plan for passangers turn their bike into a deathtrap....doesn't sound like he belongs on one anyway. I'm glad they're ok though.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:33 AM

yeah, i like how in his statement says he had time to search for a place to lay the bike down.....

Old 05-29-2007, 12:34 AM

The bike doesnt drive itself, people make them dangerous.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:10 AM

maybe riding with a passenger shouldn't have been an option......sounds like he should've learned how to lean into his turns first

Old 05-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

[:@]this is what happens when awsome machines are in the hands of underexperienced and un prepaired people

Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 AM

And this is why we tell totally unexperinced riders to start on something other than a 114hp machine...im glad he is ok and no one got hurt.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:17 AM

The guy is a total tool. Probably his first bike, no MSF or any thing like it. To bad he messed up that bike.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 PM

He did type on Ebay that he has sold an ATV and a Kawasaki Ninja 250, so I guess we can assume that he did some riding, or maybe he just likes to sell motorcycles . Anyways, myCBR 600RR was pretty much my first bike, I mean I did have some experience with my previous Kawi EX500 forasummer or two, but that doesn't count . Itoo had a similar experience, butwithout a passenger, took a turn too fast, a rookie mistake(road was curving to the left), and didn't lean enough or counter steer properly for the turn. Ithappened the first week of riding the bike. But I didn't lay down the bike, I just put it upright and drove off the road into a muddy farm land, thank god. I managed to keep the bike upright, no throttle or brake, just coasted until I came to a stop in the mud. Okay so I went off roading for a bit, but no damage was done to me or my bike. You better believe I took the turns slowerafter that, and I haven't had a problem since. To say that theRR is a death trap,now that is silly.
I don't blame the guy for wanting to sell his bike.He probably saw his life flash before his eyes.You can't always blame the inexperienced riders either. Buddy of mine last year bought a 2005 Kawi ZX10. Traded up to a faster beast. He has been riding for 14 years. He has had a Honda 600 and a Suzuki750, during his experiences. Cocky motherfuc@#! And he knows it. He crashed his new bike with another motorcycle that was trying to race him in a hairpin turn coming off of the fricken highway. The one dude made contact with him and before you know it, they were scraping the pavement, both bikes layed down,as they bothskidded off the road. He wears full leathersmost of the time, andwasn't hurt too badly. The other guy didn't have nearly as good protection, no full leathers. The ambulanceand police came.They both survived the ordeal. His bike was messedup pretty badly, I saw it afterwords.
I guess when you have more experience, you feel more confident to ride dangerously. Toeach their own. I'm glad that I don't have too much experience riding. I have just enoughtobe careful and I know my limitations.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM

Im gunna buy a 1krr next summer bwa haha ha ha ha ha. Im sorry but the front end of the 07's looks so incredibly gay i wanna hit it with a hammer wtf was honda thinking? this guy is a deutche (sp?) boo this man.

Quick Reply: danger rr is a death trap