Dammages to your bike should pay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dammages to your bike should pay?

Couldn't you just make a comprehensive claim on it? Thats what I would do...

Old 01-28-2006, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Repsol1

Don't want to be the one that bursts the bubble but, I had a roomate who's R6 fell over and cracked the fairing, He couldn't get sh-t even though he had lergal council. Hope you don't have to much damage though. Good Luck.
oh i believe it, i live in vegas.. and i bent my rim on a pot hole on a public street (my 1969 camaro).. i told my insurance agency and called the city - they said they are not responsiable for road damages.. just like with trucks that have those little godly stickers "not responisable for windshield damage".. I think the city or whoever did the damage should pay out just like we have to. whoever made the mistake of paving of the road (did you say it was a speed bump that scratch your bike in the apartments).. but anyways, every business has insurance and that's what it's for..

good luck with it the bike

Old 01-29-2006, 01:59 AM

Without knowing the details, its pretty common knowledge that a kickstand can sink into asphalt. Some think that it has to be a hot sunny day for this to occur, but it isn't necessarily true. Asphalt is pretty spongy no matter what. If you jab it with any piece of metal you can poke a hole in it. That's the biggest reason why bikes fall over. I've lived in complexes that require motorcycle owners to place something under their kickstands so there bikes don't damage the pavement. So I guess there are two sides to the story. Of course I'm assuming that it was asphalt, not concrete, where the bike was parked.

But regardless, unfortunately bikes are subject to the laws of gravity just like everything else. They're all going to fall over at one point or another. If you want someone to take fault blame the manufacturers for charging hundreds for molded pieces of plastic.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:21 AM

It sounds like to me your one of those rental guys, we all know we've had them at one point or another, that will do anything to screw tenants out of money. Like when they move out and leave the outside trash full you charge them 200.00 to have it dumped. Amazing prices these rental agencies have. They should be some what liable, at least half for their parking area.
ORIGINAL: jumpserve

As a rental property owner I'll say you are sh*t outta luck. Parking areas and driveways are for common use and tenants park there at their own risk. I will not be liable for any property damage that occurs on my property. The tenant understands that when the lease is signed. The only maintenance that is ever needed for asphalt is sweeping. Now if the asphalt is damaged then you know to park elsewhere until it does get repaired. I am sick and tired of people who think other people should pay for their problems. Call your insurance agent and hash it out with them.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:33 AM

As a rental property owner I'll say you are sh*t outta luck. Parking areas and driveways are for common use and tenants park there at their own risk. I will not be liable for any property damage that occurs on my property. The tenant understands that when the lease is signed. The only maintenance that is ever needed for asphalt is sweeping. Now if the asphalt is damaged then you know to park elsewhere until it does get repaired. I am sick and tired of people who think other people should pay for their problems. Call your insurance agent and hash it out with them.
I agree with Tysonlee! Its not like it coming straight out of your pocket ! I am pretty sure your tenants might stay a little longer too if you weren't such an [sm=smiley35.gif] !

By the way where are you a rental property owner so I know not to go there!

Old 01-30-2006, 02:40 AM

well first off, sorry about the original poster, i didnt read the total story and i thought the damage was from a speed bump haha..

I agree with tysonlee, and i do see jumpserve point of view too.. I mean I got alot of friends that have rental houses and have to deal with alot of complaints from the tenants. Even my parents that build houses have to deal with complaints when selling "custom houses". If it's written in the tenants contract that it wont be payed, then they are going to go to their insurance agency.. but to me, shouldnt a "rental property owner" have insurance anyways?.. I work as a carpet cleaner and we still need insurance for any damages to a house we might do..

Old 01-30-2006, 08:47 PM

Half liable for a loss in a parking lot? Before you know it everyones filing a claim for stolen stereos, flat tires, etc.
Do you think its fair to leave the trash full so the other tenants can't dump their trash? If I gotta get involved without prior notice its gonna cost someone.
I'm really fortunate each of my tenants have been around 15+ years and can police themselves. Its great because I havent had to raise their rents in four years. If I gotta file a claim, the premiums go up and so does the rent. Tenants who are sh*t usually create all the sh*t.
In regards to the fallen bike, park it on concrete, if ya gotta park on asphalt use a tile.
Wow you must be the most amazing rental property owner ever. I mean, how often do people rent for 15 years? If my math is right I would say that in that amount of time most mortgages would be halfway paid off. You must bring your tenants orange juice and bagels in the morning. What a stand up fellow, if they ever move let me know so I can move in, I like orange juice you know.