Dammages to your bike should pay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dammages to your bike should pay?

Do you think that dammage to your bike should be paid by an apartment complex, if the pavement collapses due to poor maintence?

Old 11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Default RE: Dammages to your bike should pay?

I could kinda see both sides on this one. On the one hand, you could ask, why would you park your bike it a place where it didn't seem sturdy, or safe. On the other hand, I do think that it is the duty of the apartment complex to take care of stuff like this, since maintenance is just a part of business operation.

But really, even if you did park your bike in a place that wasn't exactly sturdy, who would really expect the pavement to collapse in any situation.

Old 11-28-2005, 06:06 PM

first the dislclaimer...I am not an attorney, nor should you take my advice to be legal advice, nor do I play an attorney on TV.....anyway

as a business owner if someone were hurt or someones property were damaaged on my premesis due to neglegence I would be liable...if they are not willing to cooperate (since don't want to part with cash), might be easier to get your money out of them with credit towrd rent...that way they don't have to part with cash, but works out to be the same for you..good luck bro

Old 12-03-2005, 10:41 AM

I would say it is there fault. As part of you payment to them you pay for the upkeep and maintence of not only the unit you live in but the grounds also. If it was a car or person that fell in they would sue. I would talk to a local attorny and see what they think.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:16 AM
L8X

my god, i feel for you. good luck on THAT one! [:@][:'(]

Old 12-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Retired Administrator

What do you mean by pavement collapses due to poor maintenance? If I have to park on asphalt, I always use a plate of metal I keep in my trunk (under the seat) to keep the narrow kickstand from cutting into the surface. We all know this will happen with our bikes, especially on hot days. If it’s concrete, you're usually safe...

Old 12-15-2005, 02:08 AM

ask if they say no dont raise a fuss about it, liquidate their assets Muahahahaa problem solved

Old 01-28-2006, 03:14 PM

agree.. I do believe damages that do happen from private or public property should be insuranced.. we have to buy libiality insurance so "if" we run into a light pole and bend it, they can replace it with our insurance (aka money).. so the same should go for our vehicles as well.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unless you've signed a release or they have a sign up saying they are not responsible for damage or theft to your vehicle!

Old 01-28-2006, 09:46 PM

Don't want to be the one that bursts the bubble but, I had a roomate who's R6 fell over and cracked the fairing, He couldn't get sh-t even though he had lergal council. Hope you don't have to much damage though. Good Luck.