Couple of questions about my 600RR.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions about my 600RR.

Hey guys. Its me again! I just have a couple of questions. I am a newbie so please bear with me.

1st - How do I know if my exhaust is a full Two brothers or just a slip on?

2nd - Is a Power Commander worth having? My bike has one and thinking of just selling it to get money to buy some other accesories for the bike.

3rd - If you have a 600rr. Like when you start your bike and turn off the kill switch does your red light turn off, FI display shows up with the red light off. Then the FI icon will disappear and red light will turn on. I am asking this because it sort of takes a while for all these process to be completed.

4th - What is the normal operatingtemperature for the bike? I usually let the bike warm up till 100 degrees then ride it. Should I warm it up longer? also when riding it reaches like 210 and it gets really hot! my fan will be on and the temp wont go down at times! I dont shift at a high rpm at all either!

Thanks everyone

Old 04-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise
Hey guys. Its me again! I just have a couple of questions. I am a newbie so please bear with me.

2nd - Is a Power Commander worth having? My bike has one and thinking of just selling it to get money to buy some other accesories for the bike.

3rd - If you have a 600rr. Like when you start your bike and turn off the kill switch does your red light turn off, FI display shows up with the red light off. Then the FI icon will disappear and red light will turn on. I am asking this because it sort of takes a while for all these process to be completed.

4th - What is the normal operatingtemperature for the bike? I usually let the bike warm up till 100 degrees then ride it. Should I warm it up longer? also when riding it reaches like 210 and it gets really hot! my fan will be on and the temp wont go down at times! I dont shift at a high rpm at all either!

Thanks everyone
1. Im not to sure. Check the headers and see if maybe they have a stamp or something.

2. If its on your bike keep it there. They may have had it custom mapped.

3. Not sure what your asking.

4. I let mine get to 100 as i put my gear on then i go ride. The overall operating temp will vary depending on airflow and outside temp. Mine is normally around 180 and it gets to 220 when im in traffic. At 220 the fan comes on and it drops to about 210-215.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise

Thanks everyone

1st: If you get a chance to look at a stock exhaust pic, either online or on an actual bike, try to look for differences. Like the flanges that bolt to the motor, these are usually different on aftermarket headers, maybe take a circumference measurment to compare, things of that nature.

2nd: Leave the PC, Hyperflo exhaust claim that without remapping (tuning your ecu via the powercommander), you can gain 3HP with just their slip on, with the PC and remapping they claim an extra 2HP for a total of 5HP.

3rd: As said before, not quite sure what your asking, but my when i turn my key on before i start the bike, all my dash lights come on then go off except my oil light, it stays on until i start my bike, then it goes off. if anyone else has anything diff please let me know.

4th: I let my bike warm up to around 120 or so, if im riding its usually in the 170-200 range, if its sitting still for a period of time, it gets to around 210-220 then my fan kicks on and drops the temp 10-15 degrees. Remember if its cold outside, (below 45-50) let your clutch warm up as well, dont pull out of the drive way and try to slap a wheelie or something.

hope this helps a bit, im new to my cbr as well, but this is the stuff ive found, or have experienced, ride safe

Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 PM

1st When you take your lower fairings off you will see the difference in the two pipes if its a slip on unless they have been wrapped or painted. someone correct me if im wrong but I think the slip on pipes are stainless or titanium which looks way different than OEM pipes

2nd +1 CBRfenatic93 and BAD600RR said. Its there why not keep it plus it may be needed if you have a full exhaust system to help you from running lean.

3rd I have no idea

4th I let mine warm up to 100 degrees before I ride it (gives me a chance to burn one real quick while the magic happens with the bike) I usually see temps in the 220 range, but I ride in South Carolina and the humidity and temps are retarted hot in the summer.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:41 AM

Hey man. I checked it and it is a full brothers exhaust! it had a little mark and it was a gold pipe. Umm kk. This is what I noticed with the Oil light. Like I turned off the kill switched and I guess I push the starter button too quick and it just wouldnt turn on anymore. The screen would just go blank and we had to push start the bike. Last question. Is there something wrong with my front brake? Every time I apply it, it just keeps shaking

Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 AM

Sounds like its time to replace those rotors, they may be warpped. Post up some pics so we can see if they are OEM or aftermarket.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Kk here it is man. It wont upload here so I went to Flickr. I also wanted to share the messed up fairings. I am pretty sure the bike has been down. Check it out. Also I wonder why some of the fairings wont fit well. Maybe he got a different year of fairings. Air ducts isnt in place and wont fix properly. Wonder if it still takes air in, Exhaust isnt centered and looks like its been cut down and those are the rotors!

Wanted to share the video. Theres also a vid of my old F4I in my page. One more question. How do you adjust the time? I tried holding down both buttons but it wont work.

Flickr: GeneralRAAM's Photostream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmUjHM2WmZk

Last edited by DevilInDisguise; 04-07-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 AM

nice bike . are those woodcraft rear sets??

Old 04-10-2011, 03:42 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I noticed if I push the start button while all the lights are on, then it will start, but if I wait too long and the lights went away, it won't. When I first got mine, I was always using kill switch, but one day, I had hard time starting. So I stop using it. Not sure if it is good or bad. now I use it sometimes.

time: yes you hold both button in more than 2 sec then you will see the hour flashing. then use the bottom one until the time you want appear then push the top button. repeat for the mins.

Last edited by yumoncbr; 04-10-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Hey thanks man. But I am not sure. Ill go check in a bit and I will let you know. I am not an expert in mods lolz.

Quick Reply: Couple of questions about my 600RR.