Cops after me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cops after me...

really dose not matter what lane you are in people will see you and they will think the way they think. *** for thinking you are reducing the risk ya right dude 160 or 40 risk is always there and can not be reduced so good luck with that and hopefully you stay alive cuz all I know is kids like you are dropping like flies here. Good luck and gods speed to ya.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:08 AM

Stop thinking about what people think of you when you ride, the whole image thing is dumb to me. Ride the way you ride and stop caring about what the cops or people on the highway think about you. Just have fun when your out there, thats all that counts and if you have to do 160 everywhere you go then to each his own just dont blame him for our image. I dont know about you guys but every time I see a sport car I assume they go fast and wanna race all the time to. The sterotype has to do with the performance and the look of the vechicles not the riders or drivers, blame the magazines or the people who brag for our image of crazy people.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:25 PM

or blame the gixxers. thats what i say. .

but i dont think you should be going 160 everywhere. thats just dumb. i dont want to rant really, but thats the reason i have 150+ ER bills if something happens to me. only because i ride a damn motorcycle. my mom's copay is 20. a difference? yeah, the difference is that people go 160, crash, and burn.

im a little hippocritical because i have hit 145 on public...(please no squid) but this is only when there is absolutely noone on the road and i have a 50 mile stretch. that way im ONLY risking my own life. its still not ok, i know, but at least i keep it to that;i cant afford track days otherwise i would.

please people, dont do over 100 in traffic, IT IS a bad image for us all (not only are we using our magic machines, but using them stupidly like that) and it does affect us. ride how you want, but not at the expense of others. trackit or at least do it alone

Old 05-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 350z_and_CBR

wow...I just got back from riding with 9 other guys and were were doing between 140-160...I didn't go pass 150 but i'm sure other guys probably went pass 160. Anyways, we passed by sooooooo Many cops...and unbelievebly, NONE of them wanted to mess with us or bother us..I thoought that was cool...It's safer to ride with a lot of people cause cops know that they can't give everyone a ticket. Oh, I just found out that one of the bike crews is an Officer. That was badass.............Anyways, we rode for about 4-5 hours...That sure was an experience.
Sooo, by my calculations you did anywhere between 560 and 800 miles...in 4 to 5 hours. Basically that's either Jacksonville to New Orleans in 4 hours or New York to Chicago in 5 hours...I'm gonna go ahead and pull out the bullsh*t card on this one.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:44 PM

hey shortbus.

arent you out of bull **** flags for this month? haha there has been alot

Old 05-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

hey shortbus.

LMAO....I'm digging into my reserve BS flag basket for this one...There's not a road in this country that you could sustain that speed on for that long incident free.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:14 PM

true dat.

the only road i can ever (will ever) get that high is highway 50 in cali. on a few stretches at midnight +. noone is on the road, so theres noone to hurt, and there are only 17 cops in el dorado county (five cities worth of land). i only do about 145 at max and can only for like 5 min. then its just stupid, and i dont have anymore room.

maybe he is moses and split the trafic like the sea. that would be a nice power

Old 05-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The more I read this thread, the more I'm shocked with the amount of people with the "I don't give a f**k" mentality towards riding, which is dangerous, here is why you SHOULD care about what image we as sportriders protray to the general public.

One of you tells yourself "F**k them, I'm donig 160", then you do. You don't realize that doing 160 mph means you are covering over 234 feet per second. That's almost a football field ever second. So, you're boming around at 160 and didn't notice that a minivan pulled into the fast lane because they didn't see your bike 2 seconds ago when they checked their mirrors to change lanes. You don't see them either because you took 2 seconds to move your head to look at your speedo, and by the time you looked up, over 460 feet went by without you looking, and you smash into the back of their minivan. Kill in the mother, father, and 2 kids.

A few witnesses who saw this accident say it was a speeding sportbike. The story hits the news and outrages the entire area that this innocent family of 4 was killed from some jackass motorcyclist doubling the highway speed limit because he doesn't care about the image he portrays to the public.

So the outraged family, witness and general public who have heard this tragedy on the news for weeks decides they don't want sportbikes to be legal in their county anymore. (and yes, that IS possible). So the picket, protest and demonstrate until the local courts put a ruling in to ban supersport motorcycles in that county.

Meanwhile, here I am, riding my sportbike normally like a sane human being, taking it to the track when I get the "need for speed" itch. And now I can't use my only vehicle to commute because some jackass decided he "didn't give a f**k" and "rode like HE wanted to ride" like the selfish ***** he was, and how no-one can ride.

It's a bit of an extreme example, but don't think it couldn't happen. There are many counties out there that have been DAMN close to banning sport bikes in their communities. Just ride like a sane individual. Yes you bought a sportbike, but just because you can, doesn't mean you always should. EVERYONE has to share the public streets, and the vast majority respect everyone else. Saying that you have a sportbike and it's all about me and I'm going to do what I want, etc. etc. is just ignorant and immature. Grow up, drop a pair and learn to respect the road and the people that travel on it. We have ractracks to get our fix, use them.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

hey shortbus.

LMAO....I'm digging into my reserve BS flag basket for this one...There's not a road in this country that you could sustain that speed on for that long incident free.
I'm not taking sides on this one .. but if you're out of cards shorty I'll let you borrow my s/w with built-in b.s. detector [8D]

Name:  bull****_to_the_internet.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  51.6 KB

Old 05-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned

+1 to Fox. I agree with you 100% Foxy...I think this thread has become more about making up stories about being a badass on public roads than actually doing so though.

+2 to Kewl...Thanks for the offer, but I just don't trust computers...I rely on my built in BS detector.

Quick Reply: Cops after me...