Cbr600rr honda card

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cbr600rr honda card

Yes, but the thing about having full coverage making a claim if you were to lowside the bike is that your monthly premium goes way up. By the way if its financed you are required to have full coverage. I'm 20 and state farm quoted me 280$ (canadian)a month for full coverage. Not much you can really do about it if you're under 25.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm under 25 and I was quoted $73/month. If you have your car under the same policy, the motorcycle insurance is cheaper. If you only have motorcycle covered, it's almost double with State Farm.

And I've made a claim before with my car, and the premium only went up by $4 a month. Insurance paid out well over $3500 to get the car fixed, and I only paid $250. I'd much rather have my monthly premiums go up than low-side into a curb, and be stuck with a bill for $8000 because my bike slid down a hill and wrapped itself around a tree.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 AM

Yep, I wouldn't go anywhere without Full Coverage. You never know what could happen. And it's Peace of Mind knowing your bike will be repaired/replaced for a small deductible.
ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I'm under 25 and I was quoted $73/month. If you have your car under the same policy, the motorcycle insurance is cheaper. If you only have motorcycle covered, it's almost double with State Farm.

And I've made a claim before with my car, and the premium only went up by $4 a month. Insurance paid out well over $3500 to get the car fixed, and I only paid $250. I'd much rather have my monthly premiums go up than low-side into a curb, and be stuck with a bill for $8000 because my bike slid down a hill and wrapped itself around a tree.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:05 AM

24 y.o., clean record, $69 per month for full coverage from progressive with a $500 deductable.

Please don't do that scam Honda card. If you can't afford a loan and the insureance you simply can't afford the bike. Get an old f2 or 3 and pay cash. Good luck friend.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:17 AM

I pay $54 a month for my bike with SF with 500$ deductible on collision and comp.

I have my car, house, and fiance's car on the policy. That probably helps a bit. I'll be 25 next April.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: altima88

Yes, but the thing about having full coverage making a claim if you were to lowside the bike is that your monthly premium goes way up. By the way if its financed you are required to have full coverage. I'm 20 and state farm quoted me 280$ (canadian)a month for full coverage. Not much you can really do about it if you're under 25.

No its not, it depends on how its financed. If its an installment loan, it may be required by the lender (95% of the time it is). However, if its on a Suzuki, Polaris, Honda, etc Card, it is NOT required. This is a credit card, and it works like a credit card. The lenders dont require insurance on these. However, most states require insurance on them.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

ORIGINAL: WoodyRR

$3g a year....hmmm, I'm going with either you're 18 or younger, or you have been caughtdriving through school zones at 100 mph running over children while drinking liquor, stoned and steering with your feet too many times.

Whether they require it or not, it's dumb not to have it. Riding a bike means you're taking a calculated risk. Insure yourself...the last thing you want is a worhtless bike that's damaged. Or even worse, several thousands of dollars in medical bills....

I know it's probably been said a thousand times, but please think hard and long bout your decision before making it. Good luck and ride safe if you get the bike.
Not necessarily, Im 20 will be 21 at the end of the year, record is squeeky clean, and was full coverage is quoted about 2 G'z more than that. =l
There's something wrong with somebody trying to quote that high. I couldn't even fathem what they're expected response from you would be: "Sure, go ahead and bill me." ???? I don't get it.

I guess this thread has turned into"How much do you pay for insurance?"

For whatever it's worth, I pay $600/yr FULL coverage. I'm 25 and deff don't have a squeaky clean record. Had a small fender bender @ fault about 2 yrs ago. Totalled my last bike 6 mo's ago @ fault. Totalled my snowmobile 15 mo's ago @ fault. I do have insurace from Allstate that covering my truck, bike and house. Multi-line discounts ROCK! I couldn't imagine how low my rates would be if I had a squeaky clean record.

I went from a remedial insurance company to Allstate. Their initial quote was much higher, but when I told them what my current rates were, they came back and crushed the rates I was paying at the time, which were far cheaper than anybody else. Might be worth mentioning if shopping around for good rates.

It doesn't sound like insurance would be req'd with a Honda Card purchase. It'd be like using AMX to buy the bike....AMX wouldn't care if you buy insurance, if you guy a horrible bike, etc. etc. They just want to get the money and interest from you.

What'd you decide to do?

Old 04-11-2008, 07:30 PM

$600 a year full coverage here through all state and im 22 and have had a suspended license