Cbr600rr honda card

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cbr600rr honda card

I am looking at getting a 2008 cbr600rr but i got quoted 3000 a year for insurance.If I put it on the hoda card do they require full coverage?What are their requirements?
Thanks

Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Default RE: Cbr600rr honda card

No, thats a credit card, its not required, but the state you live in probably does, unless you live in FL

Old 04-06-2008, 08:20 PM

$3g a year....hmmm, I'm going with either you're 18 or younger, or you have been caughtdriving through school zones at 100 mph running over children while drinking liquor, stoned and steering with your feet too many times.

Whether they require it or not, it's dumb not to have it. Riding a bike means you're taking a calculated risk. Insure yourself...the last thing you want is a worhtless bike that's damaged. Or even worse, several thousands of dollars in medical bills....

I know it's probably been said a thousand times, but please think hard and long bout your decision before making it. Good luck and ride safe if you get the bike.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 PM

yes .. your buy a brand new motorcycle .. one of the most stolen bikes there is ( mine was stolen 3-31-2008 .. there was a kawi. when you first come in ........ and its still there .. that tells you two things .. one ... no one wants a kawi. two ..... there lazy ) get full coverage check other auto places .. progressive wanted 400 a month on me .. i went with state farm i pay 95 a month .. let progressive know your going to part of honda ridgers club ( if you get the honda with a honda card you get your first year free) there suppose to cut you some slack .. but look around .. dont just go off the first one you come across ..

Old 04-06-2008, 09:18 PM

Who gave you that 3K quote? I was quoted for State Farm for $2800. I ended up going with Allstate, they were significantly lower ($950). And Progressive was only like $10 higher than Allstate. I really suggest getting Full-Coverage. It should be a MUST if you are going to be financing it. God forbid something happen and you have a bike that is demolished and still paying at the *** for because you: a) financed and b) didn't have proper coverage to pay the thing off with the claim.

That's just my $0.02 though.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:32 PM

I did the honda card and.................. dude it sucks the payments are always changing and the interest sucks. But if it is the only way to get then do and no they do not require you to have full coverage but I agree with everyone else you should have it but yet again if the money is not there it is not there so get what you can. Good luck and post pics of it when you go to get it.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:50 PM

ORIGINAL: WoodyRR

$3g a year....hmmm, I'm going with either you're 18 or younger, or you have been caughtdriving through school zones at 100 mph running over children while drinking liquor, stoned and steering with your feet too many times.

Whether they require it or not, it's dumb not to have it. Riding a bike means you're taking a calculated risk. Insure yourself...the last thing you want is a worhtless bike that's damaged. Or even worse, several thousands of dollars in medical bills....

I know it's probably been said a thousand times, but please think hard and long bout your decision before making it. Good luck and ride safe if you get the bike.
Not necessarily, Im 20 will be 21 at the end of the year, record is squeeky clean, and was full coverage is quoted about 2 G'z more than that. =l

Old 04-06-2008, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: CBR_600_Rider83

I did the honda card and.................. dude it sucks the payments are always changing and the interest sucks. But if it is the only way to get then do and no they do not require you to have full coverage but I agree with everyone else you should have it but yet again if the money is not there it is not there so get what you can. Good luck and post pics of it when you go to get it.
Thats because it is a revolving account like a credit card, and your payments are based on your balance. Problem is, if you only pay minimum pbalance it almost 10 years before it paid off.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:37 PM

I would check out progressive, but go through a broker, almost always cheaper than direct online. I think I pay 600 for the year, for everything but collision. If its your first bike, or you are under 30 (I am too) you can pretty much rule out having collision, because its so damn expensive its not worth it. A lot of it has to do with where you live, but for me, with no tickets, claims, etc.. spotless driving record... it was 3600 for full coverage, and 600 for everything but collision, and i have it insured for 10k with a low deductible.

Do I recommend this, sorta. My thought process was that if I fall and wreck up anything more then a few fairings, Im going to have a hell of a lot more to worry about then fixing my bike, and if I do have a lowside incident, chances are my sliders will take most of the hit, and the damage I sustain I would NOT make a claim on anyways, it isnt worth the price hike. Seemed like a draw to me. Looking back I think its a good idea to have collision, especially if your young and dont make a ton of money and wont be able to fix it. Its quite the conundrum though.

No collision sure kept me riding a bit more responsibly know that I would be picking up the repair bill on myself and the bike.

edit: edited for the word 'not'

Old 04-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PROGRESSIVE = Outrageous prices (I was quoted over $5000/year)
GEICO = Outrageous prices (also quoted multi-thousand dollar/year quote)
State Farm = $73.00/month for FULL COVERAGE with $250 deductible

Shop around for insurance, it varies IMMENSELY.

But PLEASE do yourself a favor and get full coverage. One simple low side means thousands of dollars in repairs. With full coverage, it's a deductible of 250 or 500 bucks. Without it and you are looking to front the bill yourself.

Quick Reply: Cbr600rr honda card