CBR RR ergonamics

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR RR ergonamics

Hello all:

I am considering buying a 600RR, and I want to know about the ergonomics of the bike. I am 6' tall, 160 lbs. I am going to use the bike for weekend trips up to 5 or 6 hours, and I would like to do few track days a year.

My first choice is the F4i, but I cannot find one in decent shape with low millage locally, so I am considering the RR.

I had a Suzuki Katana and a Ducati SuperSport. I have done long days of riding on both bikes with no problems.

How bad is the ergonomics of the RR compared to the F4i?
Have you done any long trips on the RR?

Thanks,

Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 PM

Just a few weeks ago I bought an 03 600rr (switched from a ninja 250r). I am about your size and I actually almost feel more comfortable on the RR (other than I need a better seat). Granted, the longest ride I've done with either bike has been about 1.5 hours. I think a lot of it just has to do with how you are positioning yourself and holding yourself up on the bike.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 PM

not comfortable at all unless your on one wheel or going real fast.lol

Old 06-17-2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio
not comfortable at all unless your on one wheel or going real fast.lol
What he said hahaha. Just talk to some stunters they should beable to help you put some dirtbike handle bars on it that will make it feel more like your on your katana. makes for a much more comfortable ride.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 PM

The RR is much more comfortable than the other 600's. I've ridden 5 hours and taken straight trips up to NYC and down to DC with no comfort problems. I've never ridden a Katana or an F4i but compared to the GSXR and the R6's i've ridden, the RR is def the most comfortable. If you can find a more "cushony" seat that may make it nicer but it's not unbearable by any means. Good luck with your buy. Welcome to the forums!

Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM

stay2ned had the only input of any value. ive ridden my 08 from northern california to southern california a few times. its about 600miles along the coast. and the bike is definitly not uncomfortable. and as stated when compared to an gsxr or r6 its really not bad at all. after riding my buddys 08 R6 back to back with my bike there is no contest on which bike has better ergos. after ten min on an r6 my wrists hurt. a better seat would definitly make it even more comfortable

Old 06-20-2009, 02:01 PM

just adjusted my suspension yesterday and its like night and day with how it feels. way more comfortable

Old 06-20-2009, 02:24 PM

Sorry, not trying to thread jack here but my question relates. I'm a shorter guy (about 5'6") and looking into getting my first bike. Would I have trouble riding without lowering the bike? I'm also worried about comfort because I will be riding 2 hours a day for school. I'm considering lowering the bike I get regardless but just curious if the factory height would give me any problems.

Kenny

Old 06-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karsonsdaddy
Sorry, not trying to thread jack here but my question relates. I'm a shorter guy (about 5'6") and looking into getting my first bike. Would I have trouble riding without lowering the bike? I'm also worried about comfort because I will be riding 2 hours a day for school. I'm considering lowering the bike I get regardless but just curious if the factory height would give me any problems.

Kenny
At 5'6" you should be fine at stock height. I do highly recommend a smaller bike as a first bike tho. Riders who say they out grow or get bored with a bike just arent riding for the right reasons IMO.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:58 PM

I've considered getting a smaller bike, but for the money I make working, going to school full time and having a 1 year old, I couldn't afford getting a smaller bike just to "get the feel of riding". I feel like I'm responsible enough and have enough respect for the machines that I would know my limits and not push them too far. If I am able to find a smaller bike that would work well with my financial situation and allow me to bump up to a bigger bike in a year or so then I would be all for it. Right now I'm thinking of getting a 3 or 4k dollar 600 that maybe someone has already laid down, something that I wont be too upset about dropping.

Kenny