can you wheelie your 600rr??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: can you wheelie your 600rr??

Getting it up isn't a problem 4 me..HAHA its keepin it up. I can get the front end up and when it gets high I feel like it starts to float and will loop. is this normal and I just need to keep on the throtle or are you always in danger of looping and need to worry bout it consantly. I don't need to ride one forever but longer than up and down would be nice. How deo you find the balance point. and when you stand up to wheelie is it easier to find the balance point.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:21 AM

yeah its easier to find the balance point when you stand up, but its difficult to shift up a gear

Old 02-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Retired Super Moderator

I understand what you mean Yellow....you'll notice that when you bring the wheel up, you get to a point where the bike feels like it starts to fall backwards slightly. The thing is, you are never as far back as you feel like you are. That slight falling backwards motion is not your bike flipping over, it is in fact actually the balance point. It's at this point that you're weight is what is keeping the bike up, not the throttle. Finding this point is difficult, in fact, while i have no problem finding it and holding it standing up, i have yet to get comfortable with it sitting down. Some people like sitting down, some like standing up, it's all personal. However, the farther away from your bike that you can get your body, the wider your balance point is. That is why sit down wheelies sometimes seem so snappy---the balance point is very small. However, when you do a stand-up correctly and push your body away from the bike (i like to actually lock out my knees and elbows) it significantly widens out your balance point, making controlling the pitch much easier.

Then you can start to learn how to steer them. ;-)

-Ada.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:00 PM

When You stand up I asume it is all one smooth motion getting it done. But I am 6'1" and the rake or angle of the handle bars seems as if it would make it hard to hold the handles in a standing position this also seems to me that controling the trottle would be difficult. Guess I'll just have to try and see. the last time I even stood up on the pegs it was awkward. The throittle is so touchy that it throws me back and forth since my knees arn't in locked on the tank. I can however see the logic of standing, more controle and if you are gona go over you will sefinatly know it before it happens. the only problem I can see without actually having done this first is if you don't get the bike up letting off the gas will slow it down fast enough to send you aver the front. I have -1/+2 gearing this is why I worry the bike is a little touchy to say the least. This may seem trivial to you but I havn't dropped my bike yet and I'd like to keep it that way, however I want to be as close to evil conevil as I can reasonably get. besides WHEELIES IMPRESS CHICS and me for that matter. and I am doin it all for the noogy. LOL
About writing these "novels" I always have a lot to say and it takes time for you guys to answer so I just lay everything out on the table at once besides when everyone writes books I have somthing to read in my spare time.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:15 PM

when you are doin 4th gear stand ups it is really smooth and slow. 3rd is pretty smooth but nothin like 4th. 4th just comes up so nice and once you are good at it it will come right up to the balence point everytime. then you hardly need the throttle once you are there. just a little blip to keep it where you want it. a lot of times if I am on a flat road, my bike will slow down so much that I have to start putting the front down just to get back in the throttle and then bring it back up. you can just balence with your posture.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:21 PM

you got skills.. do you clutch it in fourth and what rpm range are you in????

Old 02-07-2006, 02:44 PM

I tried a stand up once in first gear, since so many people say they are easier. It scared the crap outta me...did the on-off-on thing and when the front end came up, the bars twisted to the left...seemed that was the way i was pullin on them or something...not sure exactly what I did wrong...anyways, when it came back down the bars were still turned, thankfully though they just snapped back in place and i rode smoothly on...needless to say, havent tried a stand-up again yet...any suggestions?...

Old 02-07-2006, 02:48 PM

no. no clutch. I just rev it to 8 or 9 thousand revs. You need to stand up and quickly compress the front shocks. and as soon as it starts to come back up, twist the throttle all the way and lean back. as soon as it comes up get ready and adjust your weight to get it in the balence point. In 4th you start the wheelie at about 88 mph to 92 mph and once you get it up there you'll be doin about 105 to 110. its fast but it is the smoothest of all the other gears. you can ride these out for ever. Like, out on the interstate i can ride them a couple miles. In 3rd it is a lot easier to lose the balence point but they come up really easy.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:59 PM

nice do you have a steering dampener??

Old 02-07-2006, 03:33 PM

no, you just need to make sure you put is down slow and straight.

Quick Reply: can you wheelie your 600rr??