can you wheelie your 600rr??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: can you wheelie your 600rr??

i guess you could mod your bike alittle more to get the accerelation faster. But the best thing to do is practice slow, let your instincts work when your popping wheelies at first.. so when you pop it up, just drop it back down (get more familiar with popping them and how to) then get used to riding them.. if you dont already, have a steering damper just in case and just take baby steps.. my problem was i got to frustiated from not getting the wheel up so high, i just gave up (i would try once in awhile).. but it's faitgueing after while trying to pop the forks, or working the clutch.. I believe my future 04+ 600RR will be easier to pop a wheelie, but i'm going to do a couple of mods first - then get used to the bike itself before i even think about anymore tricks..

So if your just beginning with your biking experience, give it some time...

and i wish i could find a tutorial "popping a wheelie" video, but only can find text.. (im more of a visual person when learning) probbly why it's taking me more time to learn.. try to remember what you have to do, then go all the way out to the shopping center and then do it..

but good luck, make sure you got frame sliders too (before you do this.. fairing is costly).. just a reminder =)

Old 02-06-2006, 10:16 AM

It has a whole lot more to do with technique than your weight or the bike or anything else. I weigh 140 lbs. and I can bring up my stock 05' 600RR sittin down in 1st and 2nd and I can do stand-ups in 3rd and 4th. That is with no clutch. Just timing the throttle and the front end. when I do sit down wheelies it is more about timing the throttle. when I do stand up wheelies it is about timing the throttle and compressing the front end.
I bring first gear sit downs up at about 15 mph.
2nd gear is about 45.
3rd gear stand-ups at about 75 mph.
4th gear stand ups up at 90 mph

its not like you'll get it right away. It takes a ton of practice. just be careful and try to practice in a place that is leagal.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:59 AM

Yes I can wheelie my Bike

Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 PM

i dunno... i just roll mine up to about 9k in first then pop the throttle all the way. im still learning how to do higher wheelies, but clutching it hurts me. i can feel the clutch engaging hard. plus when i tried to do it i feel like the bikes going to fly out from underneath me. just roll up to anywhere around 9k... in first... then roll all the way on the throttle... later i'll try using the clutch when im more comfortable doing it.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:07 PM

crazy bastards all i have done is get the front end to drift up about 7 inches and i dropped it back down and that was a half *** hard roll on to get it up. But after my crash i will try and perfect it on my quad and dirtbike before hitting it on the streets. $$$ very costly when you eat **** on the pavement for you and your bike. Learned that one hte hard way.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:13 PM

I dunno, I weigh 210 (ish) and mine comes up without a HITCH in first. 2nd gear stand ups I can do, (bounce ups). I just do the off and RIGHT back on again throttle. Mine comes up SO smooth!!!! It's all technique. Practice practice!!!!!

Old 02-06-2006, 05:37 PM

i think im going to lower my suspension so i cant do it haha.. i just want to ride now, nothing else =)...

Old 02-06-2006, 07:25 PM

lol Vermino theres nothing wrong with chillin on your bike i do it all the time... but here and there i just get the urge to wheelie

Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 PM

I am probably in the minority here, but I am not a big fan of wheelies. Don't do them.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Way2Cool

lol Vermino theres nothing wrong with chillin on your bike i do it all the time... but here and there i just get the urge to wheelie
well i get the urge too, but it's the lower suspension is kind-of like protection (like birth control for a girl haha)..

Quick Reply: can you wheelie your 600rr??