Can 06 and older hang w/ the '07 GSXR600

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can 06 and older hang w/ the '07 GSXR600

Two of my buddies are buying 2007 GSXR 600's w/ pipes on both of them. They are both saying they are finally going to beat me at something, lol. Anyhow, mine's an '03 600rr Two brothers pipe, k&n filter, PC III and 520 chain. Dyno'd about 103 at the wheel.

I know at first I'll smoke them cause I've ridden bike's/4 wheelrs etc since i was about 7. Once they learn to ride decent will they beat me at the drag strip (1/4) I've looked and can't find much info on the 07's.

Thanks, Will

Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Default RE: Can 06 and older hang w/ the '07 GSXR600

from my experience, no. i have an 05 600rr and my buddy rides an old F3, hes been riding for a few years, and i bought mine a few months back. he can spank me ina race. since they are all 600s if you can take them off the line, ull beat them everytime

Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM

all things equal, perfect scenario, perfect riding... probably, but not by much. in reality, it has nothing to do with the bikes since they are really so close in performance, but it is all rider. but like i said, the best times may be .2 seconds difference between the two, maybe..

Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ +1
If you beat them off the line chances are they won't catch up....

Old 08-08-2007, 12:52 PM

GAH!!! Ever hate it when you type out a long post and click on a link by accident... therefore coming back to losing all your work?

Anyways... to type it up again, in a less dramatic and shorter version, 600cc bikes (599cc technically) are very close when you take the human equation out of it... but, that being said, years of technology make a big impact to. Here's my example that I experienced in real life.

(Short version.... commence!)
Out riding with some friends on my sexah '07 600rr. Meet up with a dude I'd never met before with an early-to-mid 90's GSXR 750. He goes on about how he's been riding a while, blah blah, and eventually, through our banter, he starts talkin' about an '06 Ninja 600 he'd beaten pretty recently that a friend of his owned. A guy I'm riding with says we're heading out to line them up at a local drag-spot here by one of the lakes, and he says he'd love to tag along. We get there, and he wants a shot at my '07. (I'm the only dude, as usual, rollin' a Honda. I've got an '02 GSXR 600, and a new '07 GSXR as my ridin' buddies for this trip). Anyway, after doing this impressive slow-swerving burnout to heat up his tire all nice and sticky like, I'm thinkin' "Man, I'm screwed..." but I'm gonna give him a run for his money. One of the guys counts it down, and it's go-time. Now, I can't launch to save my life... I know this... and as such, I rely on my bike's ***** to make up for it. He launches hard and pulls away bad at the beginning, but, when I finally let the clutch all the way out and it's all engine, I start closing the gap. I bang second and pass him like grandma on a Sunday cruise. I pull away so much that I actually let off the throttle way before the end because I'm just wasting my gas at this point. When he rolls up he says "Man, we gotta run again, I missed second." Well... fair enough... I reply "Yeah, I was wondering there for a second!"

Round 2. Line em up again, I can't hear the guy counting down thanks to the exhaust noise... so I'm just watching the guy in the 750 to hit it. He does, and again I suck it up and launch like the slow kid in the special olympics. He pulls away on me again in first... I get the clutch let loose and punch it. I start gaining ground quickly, and BAM, I hit second again and just walk him. He's got nothin' to do but eat tail-light as I pull away again. So much so, that I, once more, back off the throttle before I had to because he had no chance of catching me.

Well, he pulls up and we take the helmets off and move our bikes out of the way of the guys who're going to give it a go next. He speaks up and says "Alright man, I've got to bow down to your 600. I had you at launch, but you just walked away from me from there on out. That thing is damn fast. I don't know why I spanked that buddy of mines 06' ninja so bad. I can't hang with you at all" I said my "Thanks" and "Don't worry about it, you had a great launch" and blah blah and after a bit we went about our buisness.

He had a bigger engine, I would bet we weighed the same, if not real close, and he could launch WAY better than I could. That being said... he was Caburated, I've got 'Supa' Sexah' fuel injection. I've probably got bike weight on my side. In the end, sure, he could have just sucked the second run too... (though he claimed he caught all his gears right), but I'm just putting in my .02 that tech can do wonders. (though, your years are close enough this probably won't at all matter)

Old 08-08-2007, 02:48 PM

I know a guy with a bone stock 07 GSXR600 and a buddy with an 03 600RR with full hindle race exhaust and a power commander and it's pretty even between the two of them.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM

I can't believe these post. stock vs stock of course an 07 is going to beet an 03??? wtf you can debate all day long if you got an 03 screamer then go race them and see who wins but then all these questions come up who got off the line better who has better gearing wich rider weighs more blah blah blah. If ya arn't happy with your 03 then go get a newer one.me personaly I won't get an 07 cbr I will wait at least untill two more releases cause of all the crap the changed. I love my 06 and is way freaking fast enough for me aka faster than a ticket machine lol.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM

I didn't say stock vs stock. I clearly wrote in my post the mods to my machine and theirs. I know what mine will do. I was simply asking about the performance of the '07 GSXR 600 compared to an RRas I couldn't find any information. Why do some people have to contribute nothing worth while to a post? Its not like i was asking a retarded question, just wanted some info.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 PM

The answer is retarded because the question is RETARDED. I have a 06 gsxr600 and a 06 cbr600rr. As far as I know for 07 the only thing hanged on the gsxr 600 is the stickers. Why do some people ask stupid retarded questions then act like they all ready knew the answer to the question. Don't wast my time.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:22 PM

By the way to anyone who cares the Honda seems to pull harder than thegsxr in the bottom and lower high rpm band. The gsxr bogs down a little more in the bottom but seems to spool a little faster in the middle of the higher rpms. I especialy note the difference when my wife and myself are on the bike together. Also to anyoe who wants to know they are both 06's I think the cbr will win off the line but the gsxr revs 1 thousand rpm's more 17vs18000 rpms so what I gain off the line is retrieved cause you can hold the gear for a split second longer. bottom line when its all said and done they come out dead even. Now toeveryone that wants to ask questions please read through the other post there are oooooodles of pages and the freaking will my cbr beat a gsxr or will my modded older cbr beat a cbr will my cbr beat a lamborgini frick frack F*ck rea the f*ing post.

Quick Reply: Can 06 and older hang w/ the '07 GSXR600