Blinker wont work

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker wont work

I have had my bike for a week now and I just noticed today on the way to work the front leftside blinker wont work. I need help quick since I take my riding test in 5 hours and I have to have a street legal bike. I already replaced the buld and it is fine since it will work on the other side?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned
Default RE: Blinker wont work

Not a whole lot to go off of here...I'm assuming the back one is working? If so, then it's either the bulb or a wire. I would start with the bulb.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Connector loose?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 AM

Shoortbuss- Yes the back blinker works on that side. Also I switched bulbs (since the right side works) which still didn't work. So its not the bulb i guess

Old 07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ViperJ

Shoortbuss- Yes the back blinker works on that side. Also I switched bulbs (since the right side works) which still didn't work. So its not the bulb i guess
Ok...then I would second TheX on the connector then. Trace it to the source and make sure everything is completely connected. If you can, plug the faulty signal into the right side connector and see if it lights up. Then plug the known good signal into the left side connector. Lemme know what happens.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 AM

TheX, shoortbus well I can't really check the connector out now cause I am at work (busy at work cant you tell ). So I guess I will leave early and go home and check everything then head out to the ride test. I will let you know what happens. Although I did check the blinker fluid and it still looks full

Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Banned

TheX, shoortbus well I can't really check the connector out now cause I am at work (busy at work cant you tell ). So I guess I will leave early and go home and check everything then head out to the ride test. I will let you know what happens. Although I did check the blinker fluid and it still looks full
Ok good, cause I was gonna say blinker fluid next. Also, make sure the wire is shorting out on your exhaust bearings and that it's not cross connected with your windscreen cable.

I'm at work too, so don't feel bad for slacking.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Ok good, cause I was gonna say blinker fluid next. Also, make sure the wire is shorting out on your exhaust bearings and that it's not cross connected with your windscreen cable.

I'm at work too, so don't feel bad for slacking.
I am also at work...lol

Your on fire today Buss...your seriously cracking me up...

But no seriously Viper, take off the left fairing and follow the wire and make sure it isn't kinked up in a mount location (this happened in my old F4i and some electrical tape fixed it)and that the wire is intact, and check your connectors. If it all looks good, then the signal it self maybe bad. Which is probably the case if it's full of fluid...lol.

What kind of bike are we talking about and are they stock blinkers or after markets?

I googled "blinker fluid," and this is what I found...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=blinker+fluid

Old 07-11-2008, 10:00 AM

I did take off off the left fairing and somehow in the week I have owned the bike it came unplugged. So easy fix before the ride test.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:27 PM

I did take off off the left fairing and somehow in the week I have owned the bike it came unplugged. So easy fix before the ride test.
Sheet, man...and you were all worried you were out of blinker fluid...lol