Black Tribal Paint Scheme

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
a7e
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Tribal Paint Scheme

Gentlemen,

I've joined the ranks who didn't think they would but did. I laid her town while making a relatively slow turn on an asphalt road covered with a thin layer of sand and gravel. I'm not much worse for the wear but I need to replace my left side cowls which are scrapped up pretty good. Any ideas on who has the best online parts store?Also, I have looked at a couple of online parts catalogs and I see they define your paint scheme by "Type" vice black, red, orange, etc. Anyone havea clue as to what "type" black tribal is?
Thanksahead of time.
John

Old 10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Default RE: Black Tribal Paint Scheme

Are your plastics unfixable? You could probably save some $ by fixing them. You could also do something unique and custom with it if you so desire.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered Users
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think your best luck with getting thoes fairings is ogdering thru dealer or your local bike shp they may give you a better price then dealer and it comes painted and with all the stickers

Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 PM

I got my left fairing repainted and orderd oem decals to put back on, and it looks brand new, i also saved $85. The oem fairing retailed for $285 on one site and I got mine redone for $200.

Paint - $90 ( I had to get my bikes color color-matched, honda red at a local paint store)
I got roughly a quart of paint, and it didn't even take half of the quart to paint it
Labor -$50
A friend of mine is into autobody repair so he did all of the sanding, priming, painting, and clear coat
OEM Decals - Roughly another $50
Fairly easy to put on, my friend helped me do that, which took a total of 10 mins

And like I said, it came out looking brand new, I couldn't believe the way it looked finished product from what it did before (road rash)

Defenitly try to get it fixed yourself instead of buying high priced OEM parts unless the fairing is fubar.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
a7e

Thanks for the replies men. I actually thought once you gouged out the plastic all you could do was replace it.I didn't think you could get a filler to stick.I ended up tracking down the answer to my question. Cycle-parts.com had a table with all the different fairings for the bike cross referenced with paint scheme. You'd think that if one fairingon your bike is a type 2 paint they all would be. Nope.Crazy. It will cost me the better part of $1000 to replace the upper, left mid, and left lower fairings and generator cover and assorted screws/bolts. Its worth it to me to have a clean looking bike.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:03 PM

ebay you can sometimes find used parts guys are whoring out if theyve bought racing kits and stuff