black mids, opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: black mids, opinions

I'm voting for gloss black mids, and orange lowers. Hey Jay let me borrow your bike for a bit and I'll get it done for ya =P

Old 09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: f3racer

good god fox, that is friggin gorgeous. ive never been a fan of orange but you make it look great.
It's just my bike.......but orange.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: slip_

I'm voting for gloss black mids, and orange lowers. Hey Jay let me borrow your bike for a bit and I'll get it done for ya =P
HEY, you take your 400 more CC's and get out of here, hahaha! you're not welcome w/ your fancy fast bike!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:56 PM

Ever think about silver wheels to go with the mid? A local dealer has exactly that and I love it. But I also love that pshop[8D]

Old 09-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Retired Moderator

Or you could go with what I was pondering on doing with mine. I haven't shown anyone this yet, but here it is. I was thinking of going back to the black lowers, black front fender, and having the wheels painted the body color. I think this looks pretty damn good, and looks damn good in orange too. It makes the bike look a little lower and menacing (and for the most part, not as expensive to do........apart from the wheels of course.

Blue Fox Exclusive.........

Name:  foxiedblacklower.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  115.9 KB

Old 09-08-2008, 01:19 PM

I'm working on something just like bluefox's photoshop, has anybody painted their heatsheild and kept the factory exhaust...I'm looking to do that without removing the exhaust and was wandering how hard it would be? Same with the subframe (and all other silver pieces), but how hard is it to paint the subframe, tape everything up and just spray with a can?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM

do it

Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

BLACK FTW

Old 09-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: GSU_08RR

I'm working on something just like bluefox's photoshop, has anybody painted their heatsheild and kept the factory exhaust...I'm looking to do that without removing the exhaust and was wandering how hard it would be? Same with the subframe (and all other silver pieces), but how hard is it to paint the subframe, tape everything up and just spray with a can?
Dude, everything you just asked I did to mine. I sprayed the rear subframe with bed liner in a can (blue can) from Autozone. I bought a powdercoat gun to powdercoat my rearsets and other misc. things. I removed the stock exhaust heat shield and sprayed that with black ceramic paint (rattle can). The black plastic pieces on the tail and the silver plastic exhaust shield cover I painted with the same bed-liner spray.

To avoid having to spend hours taping everything off, just remove the tank cover and rear seat cowl. This will allow you as much access as you want to paint the subframe. You will have to remove the heat shield cover (the plastic piece) and the rear sets (EASY) to get the heat shield off. Then just scrub it down with some steel wool and rubbing alchohol and spray multiple thin layers of the ceramic paint. No chipping, no fading.

And I just recently sprayed my exhaust from the tip to the exhaust servo a low-gloss black.......also rattle can "header paint". It's all in the prep work. Just make sure it's stuffed up and extremely clean before painting.

If you have any questions, just PM me........and if you need any smaller parts (rear sets, pegs, levers) powdercoated, I can do that cheap.

Name:  blackexhaust003.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  155.8 KB

Old 09-09-2008, 04:01 AM

what if you powdercoat the subfram a diffrent color and then match your mid with it? the mid is designed to line up with the subframe so any matching color is gonna look good... i mean i think powdercoating the subframe a scheme-matching orange and then getting the mid done to match it would be sickkkkk

Quick Reply: black mids, opinions