Bike won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike won't start!

Hello CBR Enthusiast's!!! I have an 03 CBR600RR that won't turn over! It started towards the start of winter. I haven't rode it in roughly 2-3 weeks, so I thought it was the battery that had died. I charged it and tried to start it, but no go. I turn the key, all the lights come on and it acts like it wants to start, but just doesn't turn over at all. This is my first time with this problem and so I'm clueless as what to do. It has run through my mind that I should probably check the spark plugs or check for a flood possibly? I guess a couple things I should share to help diagnose the problem are:

- Yes, the kill switch is turned on.

- I just started doing wheelies on the bike prior to it not being able to start

- We got it to turn over when we push started it(very first time having problems with it starting)

Any ideas or help is much appreciated! Thanks guys!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:10 PM

does the starter spin? also have you put a meter on the battery? it should have at least 12.0 for things to act rite. you can push start a bike with a bad battery, 03? original batt? i wood keep it simple and start at yer battery. if the battery has a dead cell , all the charging in the world wont help. also remember to olny trickle charge(1 amp) if you put a hott charge on it (12amps) you risk melting the lead plates causing a dead cell. a dead cell can still give you dash lights but not enough to start bike...peeece

Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 PM

i have the same problem right now i was gona post but saw this one. my starter spins you hear the fuel pump prime , but mine doesnt start it just cranks and cranks and you can smell gas in the tail pipe. some help would be good for me too thank you

Old 01-07-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by minur505
i have the same problem right now i was gona post but saw this one. my starter spins you hear the fuel pump prime , but mine doesnt start it just cranks and cranks and you can smell gas in the tail pipe. some help would be good for me too thank you
it sounds like it didnt fire and then continued to flood. i wood first wait a while for fuel to evap in cyln. then try again, then if nothing , i wood pull the plugs and take a look-see, also did you fill up reacently? maybee bad fuel. also i wood check for spark while you have the plugs out. it sounds like yer fuel system is working rite, was bike extremely cold when tryin to crank? some times bikes wont fire rite up when cold, and continued trying olny floods the motor. Iwood check the simplest of things first.....

Old 01-07-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by minur505
Do you have 03 cbr600rr?

Originally Posted by bambam
it sounds like it didnt fire and then continued to flood. i wood first wait a while for fuel to evap in cyln. then try again, then if nothing , i wood pull the plugs and take a look-see, also did you fill up reacently? maybee bad fuel. also i wood check for spark while you have the plugs out. it sounds like yer fuel system is working rite, was bike extremely cold when tryin to crank? some times bikes wont fire rite up when cold, and continued trying olny floods the motor. Iwood check the simplest of things first.....
I was thinking it might be the gasoline I might've put in there. Some dude was telling me his buddy put gas with ethanol in one of his bikes and it wouldn't start. He drained it and put no ethanol in his tank and started up just fine. I'm going to switch the gas's, then check the spark plugs. If that's a no go, then I'll continue asking for advice. But if anyone else has anymore suggestions or any advice, please please let me know! Thanks!