Bike Stands.....??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Stands.....??

So i did all the searching i can(forums) and looking at the different types, I am liking the Vortex. I just have a few questions about stands in general.

1) There are two types of front stands i am seeing "head pin" and well the other one. I honestly just want which ever one will hold it in place better, preffrebly easier to use also.

2) I read on one of don's posts that we have to drill the swinger on the RR to put the spools in(cause i WANT the rear stand to be with spools) this doesn't make me too happy.

3) With the head pin set up on the front do you just slide the stand in till the pin is under the forks then pop it up or what?

The reason i am picking vortex is cause i can get a really good deal on any stands and i really like the vortex's they look like good quality and the pitbulls just don't look as sturdy and they're ugly.

full set of vortex's for 130 shipped through my work.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Default RE: Bike Stands.....??

ORIGINAL: HighRevver

So i did all the searching i can(forums) and looking at the different types, I am liking the Vortex. I just have a few questions about stands in general.

1) There are two types of front stands i am seeing "head pin" and well the other one. I honestly just want which ever one will hold it in place better, preffrebly easier to use also.

2) I read on one of don's posts that we have to drill the swinger on the RR to put the spools in(cause i WANT the rear stand to be with spools) this doesn't make me too happy.

3) With the head pin set up on the front do you just slide the stand in till the pin is under the forks then pop it up or what?

The reason i am picking vortex is cause i can get a really good deal on any stands and i really like the vortex's they look like good quality and the pitbulls just don't look as sturdy and they're ugly.

full set of vortex's for 130 shipped through my work.
You haven't seen the best till you've looked at www.checkeredflagmotorsports.net

Even a better price!

No you don't have to drill the swingers. CFM stands with spools come with bolts to attach. Couldn't be easier!! Mine look professional, very high quality construction. Belong on a race track pit box.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Jet Jockey Z06 Vette

You haven't seen the best till you've looked at www.checkeredflagmotorsports.net
You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but you can same thing about Pit Pull stands too...

You shouldn't have to drill anything for your stands, unless you by the wrong size spool.

The front stand that lifts from the stem is designed to allow you to take off the forks, so unless you plan on doing MAJOR front end work, the fork lift type will be all you need for routine maintenance. The pin style can be a pain in the ***, because if you don't get the pin to seat flush the lift will hit your fender...I've seen many people struggling with that, with the fork lift all you do is slip it under your forks, lift and you're done...I've never had a bike fall off a stand yet.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but you can same thing about Pit Pull stands too...

You shouldn't have to drill anything for your stands, unless you by the wrong size spool.

The front stand that lifts from the stem is designed to allow you to take off the forks, so unless you plan on doing MAJOR front end work, the fork lift type will be all you need for routine maintenance. The pin style can be a pain in the ***, because if you don't get the pin to seat flush the lift will hit your fender...I've seen many people struggling with that, with the fork lift all you do is slip it under your forks, lift and you're done...I've never had a bike fall off a stand yet.
Fret!! Pit Bulls aren't bad. But CFM stands have FOUR 4 wheels vs 2. Much better in my opinion for the price. I agree with ya that pin style is a PIA.[sm=shades.gif]

Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM

CFM stands are only a 115 bucks if you get in on the group buy, which would make them a good deal. But he's getting vortex stands for 130 so I'd say go with that. If it's truely a money thing, I have a pair of T-Rex stands that I got new off ebay for 100 bucks shipped, and work just as well as CFM stands (better in my opinion, but thats just my opinion.) But I say go for the vortex.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:36 PM

Anyone know if vortex offers fork stand fronts rather than the damn pin set up?

Old 07-13-2006, 03:57 AM

But CFM stands have FOUR 4 wheels vs 2. Much better in my opinion for the price.
LOL...that reminds me of those razors that went from 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 razor blades...WTF...more is better I guess... [&:]