Bike DIES at 6 months.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bike DIES at 6 months.

started a teardown for myself, just pulled all fairings, drained oil again, checked everything. oil doesnt have a lot of shavings like the first two times did. theres a good gallon plus of gas still in the tank. The bike wont even try to turn over. the light never turns off, even at perfect oil levels. this is super weakssauce. I even pulled the battery for a bit to reset the computer. I think something is majorly wrong with my bike.

electrical or computer problems are the worst

Old 12-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Won't turn over or won't start -- different problems completely. And if the bike isn't running the oil light will be lit because there is no oil pressure. The only time the oil light is a concern is if the bike is running and you see it come on.

Old 12-10-2005, 06:34 PM

Just wondering maybe the squirrel or more likely the 2x4s knocked a wire loose.

Old 12-11-2005, 03:38 AM

Well first of all, it has nothing to do with the oil!!!!! The red oil light will come on when the key is turned to the on position and the motorcycle isnt running. The oil light means that there is no oil or no oil pressure. The reason there is no oil pressure is because..... THE BIKE ISNT ON!!!!! Adding oil will not do anything for starting. If your motor is locked up, you could have oil pouring out of the fill hole and ur bike still isnt going to start. The oil had shavings in it the first two changes because it was a new bike. It is probably an electrical problem (are you sure you just didnt hit the kill switch, ) Or maybe it has something to do with the fuel system. I doubt the motor locked up because you said it happened while at a stop light while the engine wasnt under load.

Old 12-11-2005, 04:33 PM

i was just rolled up to the stoplight, and it turned off. I heard that our batteries are weak if you ride under 4500 rpm, but i wouldnt think it would turn off from like 2 seconds of idling. I was kind of wondering if a wire came loose from rough pavement and the wood too. Crazy ride for sure

Old 12-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So when you turn the key what exactly does it do? Will the starter turn? Are the lights dim? Could be something as simple as the side stand switch thinking the stand is down. Will it turn over in neutral? Details man .... gimme details.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Default got it running

well, i dunno exactly what it was, but I put all new oil in it, checked all fuses, disconnected and reconnected my battery wires, and pushed on all harnesses and connectors under the plastic. when I was finished, it turned over first try. I didnt see what connector was loose, but i think the 2x4s and rough pavement dislodged a connector for my FI or starter. Now I can cancel my appointment on tuesday.

also, there was gooey crap on my lower fairings, looked like solidified blood in front of my headers. I hope i dont wiggle anything loose again, this was a pain in the ***

Old 12-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Default RE: got it running

to all the tribal owners ell all 05 600rr: My gas gague does not blink at last bar any one else have that problem only fkn time I ran out of gas but i did get bout 38 miles once the last bar was the only one left

Old 12-17-2005, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: pirateoftheCBRRRRR

to all the tribal owners ell all 05 600rr: My gas gague does not blink at last bar any one else have that problem only fkn time I ran out of gas but i did get bout 38 miles once the last bar was the only one left
What the hell ?

Old 12-17-2005, 01:14 AM

As Chainstretcher said, the oil light ALWAYS comes on when the bike is not running, since there is no oil pressure. If the light came on while riding that means you are low or have lost oil pressure ( very bad!!)
The first post was that you were riding and then it dies, and the light comes on. Perfectly normal, I would suspect it was either your sidestand switch or your "start/stop" switch on the right handlebar as the first culprits since they will kill the ignition

Quick Reply: Bike DIES at 6 months.