Best Riding Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Riding Gear?

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

The jackets that I found fit me the best (I'm tall and slim) are Shift Racing products. I have some Joe Rocket gloves which are alright, but looking towards Shift for new ones. Sidi boots are fantastic. Teknic makes some pretty good suits for a bang-on good price. But I'm a huge fan of Shift. Crashed twice in a Shift jacket, both times I've walked away without injury.
Thanks Blue Fox, and by the way your bike Is AMAZING! very clean.

does this mean Scorpion Is a nogo?

Old 05-15-2008, 02:32 PM

X- when you get into good name brands like those, its all down to what you want or what looks cooler. you are getting some nice(expensive) stuff and each will have its own ups and downs.. comfort.. shape, whatever. go try stuff on, its alot more fun then looking at pictures on the internet.

you got a cycle gear by your house? go there and try on every helmet... i dare you. haha you wont be able to in a day, they have thousands. at least at my store.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: skitzofrenzy

X- when you get into good name brands like those, its all down to what you want or what looks cooler. you are getting some nice(expensive) stuff and each will have its own ups and downs.. comfort.. shape, whatever. go try stuff on, its alot more fun then looking at pictures on the internet.

you got a cycle gear by your house? go there and try on every helmet... i dare you. haha you wont be able to in a day, they have thousands. at least at my store.
Yeah It's getting very expensive ( didn't realize how expensive getting a bike would be! ). I dont make that much money now because I am only 21 working for the County I live In. Like I said before I will be going to school soon and really, a motorcycle would be best for the transportation because of the dam Gas Prices going up and all. I just want to make sure I have the right gear to start out with and that If anything were to happen while on the road that I am protected by the best gear, " I " can buy ( I also want to look good In It lol ).

Sux alot that us new riders have to start out on smaller bikes like the 250 because we dont look as bada$$ as you guys on the 600RR's lol. No biggy though we all start out somewhere Right? lol

I will look Bada$$ with the gear on though. I'll post pics once I get the bike and some gear. Till them keep throwing me info on gear and riding the more I know the better I will be.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:32 PM

learn about turn's apex. you will learn in the msf but make sure you pay attention. if you dont use the apex you will prob lay your bike down or end up going off the road cuz you took it to wide.

sadly i have, the apex is your friend. lol theres my advice on riding

Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 PM

apex is your friend on roads u can see the oncoming lane...

going for the apex on 2 lane roads where u cant see the oncoming traffic is a no-no.

all it takes is one car to come a little wide the other way and you are done my friend.

and yeah cycle gear is awesome (cause i work there)

Old 05-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for helmets, I've always been a big fan of HJC. I had a cheap HJC before, and it was rather heavy. After the crash, I replaced it with the HJC AC-12 Axis, and MAN is it much lighter than the $600 Shoei one of my good friends just bought. Not to mention the way my HJC fits is spot on perfect.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:50 PM

What Is apex? I know you said I will learn It but my MSF Is not for another two months..

Old 05-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Do you mean the apex of the corner?

And here's a few riders doing just that at Laguna Seca........

Old 05-16-2008, 07:19 PM

nice ahah ^^couldnt say it better myself

Old 05-16-2008, 07:56 PM

Thanks again Blue Fox. Would you do this Apex always while riding or only on the Track? ( I wish that I could meet you guys and you guys could school me! lol )

Quick Reply: Best Riding Gear?