Best place to purchase batteries???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to purchase batteries???

Anyone bought a battery for their bike latley??? Any suggestions on price/quality???

Old 09-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Default RE: Best place to purchase batteries???

actually i bought one just about 1-2 weeks ago. i got it at whittier honda kawa fun center in whittier, ca. chances are you don't live in whittier, CA though. but i did some shopping around and the best price i found was $100 for a yuasa ytz10s. that's what i got. yuasa is what comes w/ your bike originally. so far, runs great.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:55 PM

No, dont have one of those in San Antonio. I didnt realize batteries ran $100. I was think'n $60-70 for a bike battery.....guess you get what you pay for. Thanks

Old 09-30-2007, 12:29 AM

curious. why do you need to buy a battery so soon?

Old 09-30-2007, 12:35 AM

i actully first accidently bought a cbr600f4i battery because the people at autozone were idiots. i think it costed about $60. but those batteries are about 1-2 cm too tall and my seat wouldn't fit. so, after figuring i got the wrong battery i returned it. i think batteries for the rr's are just more expensive.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine off ebay for $39 back in may n its worked like a champ since I insatlled it.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:53 AM

Batteries are kind of like oil. They come from the same place and stamped with different names. I would not spend $100 on a bike battery. Considering they are used in the warm weather and on a tender in the winter. They should last for a long time.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:31 PM

luckily in so. cali we have year round riding weather =) sounds like i should've done more shopping around before spending $100.... but must of called about 5 places around here and they were all more than $100 or didn't even have one. i guess online has the best deals, next time i'll look for an aftermarket under $60.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

curious. why do you need to buy a battery so soon?
My bike will only crank after a good 20-30min ride. If I just go down to the corner store, it doesnt have enough juice to turn over. Its like it needs a good distance ride with the RPM's up a bit in order to re-charge itself to turn over again. The bike is 4 years old w/ 13K miles.....just assuming the battery is worn out. You have different idea of what might be the problem??? Thanks

Old 10-01-2007, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: willklee

luckily in so. cali we have year round riding weather =) sounds like i should've done more shopping around before spending $100.... but must of called about 5 places around here and they were all more than $100 or didn't even have one. i guess online has the best deals, next time i'll look for an aftermarket under $60.
Homie, I think just everything in CA is more expensive. Not trying to knock your state, but do you get a monthly bill from Da Govanator to breath the air??? I wish scottie could beam my house up and move it there and I could sell that bitch for a million(I think its worth about $150K in Texas Ha! No offense and thanks for info on the battery

Quick Reply: Best place to purchase batteries???