best mods to do first on 05 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best mods to do first on 05 600rr

well allready dropped her twice, first one was due to sand dam sand I hate it and i live abot 45 min from the beach sand sucks, As for looks or performance I am shooting for both, I have talked to a few people i know through motogp they work for arata nd suzuki Any one know who john hopkins is? well his mom is a good friend of my bro so he has ben helping me. I was going to go with the yoshi pipe like most of you but I looked and arata gives me 10 hp more while the yoshi pipes only give a 2 hp add on. The arata guy i talk to , Does pipes for our 6's and i saw the y the arata loos man its nice. So I am gettn my sliders finally! along with the arata about 1500 plus my power commander. As for confidence I am there i have found out my girls capabilities and responses quite nicely and I'll tell you scraping knees is sweet on a nice sweep. Bay area rides LETS ROMP why dont we meet up on a nice day dammit I am in San Jose. Hell I put 12000 miles on her and its only been since April I love riding obviously. The tooth changes can wait. The lever settings are perfect got my front on 6 cuz I dont want to squeeze my fronts too hard no high siding please. flush mounts are next the look sleek

Thanks fellas YARRRRRRRRR

Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: pirateoftheCBRRRRR Hell I put 12000 miles on her and its only been since April I love riding obviously.
Wow! That's a lot for a sportbike. Living in warm climates has it's advantages.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's not going to get your 10 HP mang...not at the rear wheel.
better check with the arata guy, i'm sure they tuned that sucker so that it's timing is also advanced. definitely isn't just a slip on.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:12 PM

What?

ORIGINAL: pirateoftheCBRRRRR

well allready dropped her twice, first one was due to sand dam sand I hate it and i live abot 45 min from the beach sand sucks, As for looks or performance I am shooting for both, I have talked to a few people i know through motogp they work for arata nd suzuki Any one know who john hopkins is? well his mom is a good friend of my bro so he has ben helping me. I was going to go with the yoshi pipe like most of you but I looked and arata gives me 10 hp more while the yoshi pipes only give a 2 hp add on. The arata guy i talk to , Does pipes for our 6's and i saw the y the arata loos man its nice. So I am gettn my sliders finally! along with the arata about 1500 plus my power commander. As for confidence I am there i have found out my girls capabilities and responses quite nicely and I'll tell you scraping knees is sweet on a nice sweep. Bay area rides LETS ROMP why dont we meet up on a nice day dammit I am in San Jose. Hell I put 12000 miles on her and its only been since April I love riding obviously. The tooth changes can wait. The lever settings are perfect got my front on 6 cuz I dont want to squeeze my fronts too hard no high siding please. flush mounts are next the look sleek

Old 12-21-2005, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: clemson725

What?

ORIGINAL: pirateoftheCBRRRRR

LOL[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 12-21-2005, 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

it's not going to get your 10 HP mang...not at the rear wheel.
better check with the arata guy, i'm sure they tuned that sucker so that it's timing is also advanced. definitely isn't just a slip on.
I have to agree, you might get up to 5HP and that will be with a Power Commander. To me what is equally important is the weight saving a good after market exhaust will give since reducing weight is like adding HP.

Old 12-22-2005, 12:37 PM

If I knew you had that kinda change laying arould.I wouldve told you to pilot powers,revalved forks,penske shock.Will make you way fast than any exhaust

I surprised John hopkins didnt try to get you to change you suspenion

Old 12-22-2005, 03:49 PM

maybe it's the doctor john hopkins or a different one altogether!
tell john to teach you to ride like he does and you won't need anything else!

Old 12-23-2005, 08:23 PM

my first couple of mods were the Damper, Windscreen, Fender elmiminator and flush mounts. I also put some .38 special bar ends and i plan on doing the sliders but i have to cut the fairing and im not going to do that i will get bike shop to do it professionaly.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Registered Users

1) frame sliders because sh*t happens
2) Exhaust because the difference in the CBR's performance is night and day once that one component is upgraded.

'Nuff said...

Quick Reply: best mods to do first on 05 600rr