BAD NEWS & GOOD NEWS !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAD NEWS & GOOD NEWS !!!!

BAD NEWS: I've been thinking about swapping out my stock front sprocket to a -1 and i had finally made my decision to do it. I ordered the sprocket from my locat honda dealership, Lompoc Honda, and had them install it for me. Well i spend an hour at the dealership and 45 minutes into it the service guy comes in and tells me that they sold me the wrong size.. The inside threads didn't fit, so they told me they could order another sprocket but the only one they had for me to order was a $50 RK sprocket, which i know i could get alot cheaper online... They told me that they can't install anything they didn't sale... So i just got my money back.... So no new front sprocket for me know... But now to the good news, well good news to me...

GOOD NEWS: That same day i finally learned how to get the front wheel up with stock gearing... I figured out all you need is *****!!! sorry ladies... But I had been trying to do a powerup wheelie in second cause a friend of mine was telling me that first might be too touchy. So no luck with that. then i gave it a shot in first... I was a litle hesitant cause i have no frame sliders and i didn't want my bike to go down...Wel i was like F*** it.. I put it in first took it up to 11k and dumped the gas then yanked it back a little and it finally got up about 6 inches, then did it again with a little more gas and got that sucker up at least 2.5 or 3 feet... so i was a little happy... And yes i am a newbie at wheelies so thats why i'm sharing....

Old 03-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Default RE: BAD NEWS & GOOD NEWS !!!!

Congrats on your new found skill

Old 03-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Retired Administrator

Good job... maybe some day I'll have the ***** to raise the front more than a couple of inches. It’ll hurt my wallet too much if I lay it down. I’m riding with stunters now… so I’m sure it’ll come in time.

Old 03-13-2006, 12:19 AM

congrats on the new skill bro! i'm not into wheelies but it does feel good to get the front end up every now and then...

Old 03-13-2006, 03:24 AM

You're bound to get another ticket to go along with your 160 mph ticket now man.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:22 AM

I was hesitate to power it up in first to on my f4i, but its really not bad once you get used to it being up there. I dont think its real touchy and im just a begginer. I just bring it up to 6k and chop the throttle to about half-way maybe a little more and it shoots up nicely. It does it slow enough to let me catch it with the throttle and keep it balanced to where im comfortable now. I can ride them all the way to redline but usually ease it down at 13k, i reccomend getting a front sprocket though, IMHO it made alot of my lil 600 lag go away which was nice for daily driving

Old 03-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Muz

Order a sproket of the net and install it yourself, its **** easy

Old 03-13-2006, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

You're bound to get another ticket to go along with your 160 mph ticket now man.

The price we pay for an adrenaline rush....

Old 06-25-2006, 09:52 PM

rubberband is ur bike at stock height????

Old 06-25-2006, 10:15 PM

I also want to but i can't afford to lay it down and eat ****. Once i get enough saved in the bank to cover the bike and my bills for a month or two(if i hurt myself) then i will try it.

Quick Reply: BAD NEWS & GOOD NEWS !!!!