Bad Luck

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Luck

So yesterday was my birthday and i had to work.. but on my way to work i decided to stop at my girlfriends cousins wedding to hang out wiht her.. now when i went to park my bike i went to the newer part of the parking lot of the place where the reception was.. anyways... about 30 minutes later the DJ gets on the mic and says who ever has the motorcycle needs to go pick it up.. confused and worried i run out the door make it around the corner and my bike is siting there .. like i left it.. didnt think anything of it and didnt go check it or anything.. so another 30 to 45 minutes go by.. my girlfriends brother comes and says hey we need to go outside.. confused, i follow him outside to only come around that same corner as before and see my bike layed out.. the newly paved asphalt parking lot decided to eat my kick stand.. oh and when it did that the bike decided it wanted to run its front ram all down the side of the biulding it was parked diagonally next to.. oh and to top it off i had my helmet held under my rear seat on my right side..(side it fell on).. Anyways results are one hell of a scrathed up front ram, cracked tail section (at the vent into the trunk), broke turn signal, and one ****ed up scratched helmet... now all i have is liability (state minium) and the parking lot that i was parked in .. oh yes get this .. its a church parking lot.. .. so now i have to repaint my bike .. hopefully my insurance will cover it ( i have underinsured and no insured protection) so basically the point of this post is this.. What does everyone think of a dark gunmetal base coat, wiht airbrushed graphics in blackish pearl, wiht bronze powdercoated rims.. and swing arm painted black?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Default RE: Bad Luck

Man, that's a lot of lessons to learn all at once...totally sucks dude!

Old 06-12-2006, 11:54 AM

man sorry to hear about that. sounds like you've got a plan on what to do to your bike though good luck!

Old 06-12-2006, 02:32 PM

Sorry to hear about that man. Glad you are looking at the bright side though. House of colors has a BAD A$$ gunmetal. If you can afford it, i would do that IMO it is a tri color paint so the paint looks like its 5" deep!

Old 06-12-2006, 05:16 PM

That paint job sounds sic.

With your parkin lot problem I have a small plastic disk i keep under my seat to put under my kickstand so it doesnt dig in. Ive had a couple close calls with parking lots before. I would definately look into the church's liability for this.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: MisterBasket Ive had a couple close calls with parking lots before. I would definately look into the church's liability for this.
We can't even make churches pay taxes what makes you think they're going to pay that?

Old 06-18-2006, 05:12 PM

okay everyone the insurance company for the church is saying my bike was at fault becuase it wasnt in a designated parking spot.. may i ask any where goes besides sidewalks, handicapped, the triangless wiht diagnol lines, and fire lanes are all off limits but the place i was parked was none of these. should i fight some more or just give up???

Old 06-18-2006, 07:48 PM

I would fight it. Its always the insurance companies first instinct to deny a claim.

Were you parked in a regular spot? Was there any designated motorcycle only parking?

Old 06-19-2006, 12:48 PM

hate the be the sandy vagina but id say let it go and take the lesson learned this is why they make plates to put under your kickstand. or keep a crushed beer can under your rear seat that works for me

Old 06-19-2006, 02:18 PM

YOUR insurance should cover it if you have comprehensive.

BTW- tell them god told you to park in that spot. Maybe the church will help- HAHA

Quick Reply: Bad Luck