Another newbie, wih problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another newbie, wih problems

Hi all. New here but a veteran CBR biker. Recently (last year) sold all my collection of old and very old CBR's and bought a "new" one 2005 "just of the street".

It had been 2 days out of the dealership, 34 miles on the clock, when the previus owner T-boned a cage. Needles to say the front end left the party completely and riped right out of the mainfraim.
It came into my posession and now I need some parts
Already got the mainfraim but need almost everything else for the front such as forks, triple tree, farings and more...

Some might ask, why repair it? Cheaper to by new one!

Well, bikes cost a lot where I live (Iceland). We have high customs and taxes so its cheaper for me to repair it than to buy a new one. Probably about 50% cheaper and therfore I am looking for parts for my almost dearly departed CBR.

Hope some of you can help me out. At least I registered at the forum and plan to stay here.
Thanks
Bunki
-----------
friggin cold in Iceland

Old 04-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Default RE: Another newbie, wih problems

whew... you sure the steering stem isn't bent? I'd just be worried about frame damage... Anyway, there's a bunch of websites and such you can get parts from... but you'll pay top dollar... EBAY is a good place to start if your looking for used stuff...

check the classifieds on www.600rr.net, couple of guys over there parting out trashed bikes. might help a little

Old 04-26-2006, 01:30 AM

Your best bet is to check out ebay. If you are good with plastic and are quite the handyman, repair stuff. Plastic with scuffs is an easy fix and some cracks are quite easy fixes as well. Other parts are fixable as well. I read in a forum about a guy whos father welded really well and welded the front ears back on the frame after they broke off thus saving tons of money that would have gone into a new frame. Make do with what you can and keep an eye out on ebay. It's you best bet, work with it.

-Berg

Old 04-26-2006, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the info.

I already have a new mainfraim as the old one was fubar.
Can you guys maby point out any good websites that sell new or used parts, oem or aftemarket?

Summer is aprroaching in Iceland and my palms are itching. I really need to take a spin soon.
Thanks,