another fe ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008 | 02:23 AM
Default RE: another fe ?

I ended up getting some brackets from home depot and some LED's from ebay and making my own too. I'll start a new thread if I can and post some pics soon.

Old 03-31-2008 | 06:47 AM

I think that thing looks butt ugly... sorry.

I bought the Targa FE (off ebay). I think it looks OK. Turnsignals are included.

Old 03-31-2008 | 08:20 PM

hey penquin you got any pic with your garage light on form the bick side and the sides?

Old 03-31-2008 | 08:37 PM

hey penquin you got any pic with your garage light on form the bick side and the sides?
i don't have any right now but i'll take some tomorrow when it's bright out and i'll put em up in the afternoon[8D]

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:08 PM

Old 03-31-2008 | 09:14 PM
Retired Moderator

My advise to anyone. Get a kit that has some sort of quality to it. Any cheap eBay kit is just going to be junk LED crap that some dude is trying to make a quick buck on. Find a kit that someone actually spend time making on, and making sure the LED's are facing the CORRECT direction (not facing up like the Targa kit, or sidewards like some of the other eBay kits I've seen). Not to mention, find one that has equally bright, or BRIGHTER brake lamp & turn signals. It's the ONLY light people see behind you, and if they can't see it, they have no clue you're stopped or stopping.

That's the reason I went with the Rizoma kit. The LED's are far brighter than stock, the kit utilized the stock mounting brackets, so it looks like it belongs on the bike versus looking like it was slapped on with some zip ties and glue. It has a tag light, with an adjustable tag bracket. And you can use any turn signals you please with it (or use the Rizoma signals, which are also bright as hell and compliment it very nicely)

I don't see anyone complaining when they go out and buy a $500 slip-on to simply to change the sound of their bike, but they wont spend the money making sure they're seen from the rear.

I'm not necessarily saying the Rizoma is the only way to go, but from what I've researched so far, it's the only one I've come across that I can feel confident about working, not burning out, and being seen. (and not to mention, looking DAMN good IMO)

Old 04-01-2008 | 11:23 AM

here you go. if you need anymore just let me know