Advice would i be able to sell this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice would i be able to sell this!

Hey guys,
I'm about to purchase a salvage bike for some parts. ITs a 2003 CBR 600RR. It runs and is in pretty good condition. I'm just about to buy it but i need some advice. I would like to sell a good majority of the bike as parts since i will be using only a few i figure it may be a good way to make some money. do you think its possible considering the engine is good with only 4306 Miles on it and a good frame, sub frame, forks, wheels and some other good parts. I think the majority of the bike is just cosmetic. They want $1,350 for it.
So what do you guys think? Do you think ill be able to sell a good amount of it through ebay, here, to other salvage places ect. and not lose money?

Any positive is certainly appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Dante

Old 09-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Default RE: Advice would i be able to sell this!

if it has stay and most of the plastics minty then yea buy it

it needs parts that people always break in crahes upper gauges stay wheels rearsets etc the motor and frame will sit for a while since almost all salvage dealers buy there bikes for that mtor and frames and these are more redily found on ebay

ask if there are any associated fees also

Old 09-03-2006, 12:19 AM

I'm going to show you the link. Could you look at it for me and see. They tell you the damage. I really appreciate your help!

http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/vie...=609267&bhcp=1

Thanks,
Dante

Old 09-03-2006, 01:48 AM

I think you'd probably break even, or make a small profit. Since it has a salvage title, I'm sure that most of it has been hosed ie; twisted frame, swingarm, bent wheels, and most likley a cracked engine/tranny case. Some of the plastics look ok, but you'd most likely just be able to sell small stuff from it. If you were going to buy it strictly for parts for yourself, then it would be worth it, otherwise you'll have a lemon on your hand...that's why they're not parting it out, only selling as whole.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:34 AM

Ah. Well i figured i mean, the frame doesnt look that bad. And i see ppl selling not perfect frames on ebay for like 2K. Idk what to do. I really wanna bike. Like i really wanna fix one up let myself take like a year to fix one since im poor and in college and cant afford insurance so atleast ill feel like im getting closer to my goal. And the whole idea of selling this one was to make some cash and learn more about CBR in the process. But idk

Thanx guys!