Advice from Expert RR Riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice from Expert RR Riders

Sup every1,

How you all doing?

I just registered to this site today and I wanted to join this knowledge sharing forum.

I know many of you are advice against buying RR as your first bike. I use to ride my cousins motorcycle in India which was hardly 150cc n now i want to jump to 600cc.

There are few questions I have if you could please direct me on those.

How and where to get the best financing for the motorcycle (HONDA CBR 600RR)? in context to the rate with bank or dealership or like some other way.

Which insurance company is the best to go with and what is just about necessary to get since i dont want full insurance I already have a car and since i have bad record (without few tickets) I wanted to make sure I dont spend too much on the insurance. I've heard ppl just paying about 50 a month how can i get that ???

Safety gear? where and how much is too much? I DO want to buy all the safety stuff but still dont want to pay ridiculous amount and regular buyers and riders probably know good places with good price and decent quality so if u could throw some tips for that?
Safety stuff on the motorcycle? sliders and what else all i know is sliders are good for it.

I am stuck on buying the CBR cuz it just looks so hot and all i have to do it be careful with first 1000 miles its not like i have never ridden a bike before but CBR is one hell of a quick machine and i tried it and i kno i can handle it so im going to go with it my budget is around 8000 no more for the bike OTD so yeh if i could get some info in regards to the delearships and how to talk to them tips most welcome and am sure many other riders like me would want to know same type of information.

Love to all you smooth and helping riders and drive safe and enjoy life...

And Many Many thanx to all of you helping me to make the best decision.

Jimmy from Fullerton, California (so. cal)

Old 08-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Default RE: Advice from Expert RR Riders

Ehem...

Where to get the best loan? Shop around. my credit rating is top tier. yours may not be.
Where to get the best ins.? Shop Around. 1 Ticket, 1 suspension, 24y/o Liberty Mutual Full coverage ~$500 USD/yr with auto is less than $1000. next year when i turn 25 and that ticket/suspention comes off, i'll be paying less than $700/yr total for both car and cycle.
Where to buy Gear Cheap? >>> http://www.newenough.com <<< check their clearance section.
Where to buy Motorcycle safety stuff? Site venders first and foremost. I'm a member of 600rr.net, and there are good venders over there. Nick will usually cut you a bangin' deal if you're a member. He owns Motorcycle Riders Inc. (http://www.ridersinc.com). Frame sliders are not fairing savers. keep that in mind.

The CBR is a powerful machine, and should be treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. If you don't take care of it, it will toss you like a rag doll. a CBR 1000 does 180 Mph in ~14 seconds. the CBR600 does 168 in about the same time. 0-100 in less than 4 seconds. panic sets in at around 1-2 seconds and by that time you're doing 65mph in first gear. If you don't have throttle control on your hand or in your head, i suggest a smaller bike for a season or two and THEN get the 600. A parallel twin 500 is an AWESOME bike for starting out. power to spare and tame on the throttle. it's gets the fundamentals down. you'll appreciate it once you step up, i guarantee it.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:32 AM

Here's my .02 on your questions. Going from order of importance to least.

Gear, nothing is ever to much. My recomendation, get alot of it, and get it used. It's not unreasonable to have 2,3,4 or more jackets. Entry level gear is okay, but used good gear is even better, and usually cheaper. Get a good jacket with armor. Textile or leather is a big debate. I started with mesh, then went to textile, and just now went to leather. Get a good helmet. Probably look at scorpion, great product for the $. Gloves are key, but get something comfortable, nothing baggy. Everything else is important, but not as critical. Draggin jeans are great and leather work boots will also round out good first time gear. Check out the forum sponsors, as I know they will work with you on cost. I don't want to take away from their business, but through my searches i've found some really inexpensive joe rocket gear that is brand new. Just look around, or let me know if you need some websites to check out.

Insurance is important, but it varies to greatly to go into detail. Everyone recomends state farm, and they aren't bad, but I had much better luck with progressive, so try them out to. Get the coverage that you feel safe with, but I recomend comp. It's alot less then full, and still covers theft or vandalism.

Best financing on a new bike is definately through the dealer. That is if you have decent credit. Otherwise, see if you can join a local credit union, they are usually the next best alternative.

As for advice, ride as much as you can. Do it at a good time, and avoid traffic or busy intersections for a while. You'll get the hang of it, everyone does. Take it easy, and always pay attention. Try to ride with experienced riders. Make sure they take it easy when you ride with them. If they are pullin stunts on your first time riding with them, ditch em' atleast until you feel more comfortable.

Bottom line, enjoy the bike, and remember, it takes 5 mins to learn how to ride a motorcycle, but a lifetime to master it.

Jim

Old 08-15-2006, 01:59 AM

Hi again,

This is great. I am getting some valuable information here. I am sure in the near future ridders who are planning to buy new bikes will use this as some very crucial information.

As you said if i have decent credit i should get the financing from the dealer i wanted to point out that My credit is excellent.
Also have heard of State farm being good to their customers.

I want ride safe and sound and with this information i will be guided towards the right directions.

Thank you.

(Add more information if you have any please ... )

Old 08-15-2006, 02:21 AM

ORIGINAL: 1khiladi RR
I am sure in the near future ridders who are planning to buy new bikes will use this as some very crucial information.
doubtful... this has all been said countless times before.

As you said if i have decent credit i should get the financing from the dealer i wanted to point out that My credit is excellent.
Shop around. the dealer isn't ALWAYS going to be the better place. if you are a long term member of a Credit Union and have a large amount of equity in the bank, they will most likely give you an awesome rate. be prepared to pay a little up front. You get better rates if the CU doesn't have to finance the entire purchase.

Also have heard of State farm being good to their customers.
Everybody is good to their customers, until the customers want something like money on a claim or cancelation. do some research before you hop on the train here. make sure you know the terms of cancelation, and the refunding procedure. there is Short Term Reimbursement, and pro rata. you want pro rata. also know what can get you dropped. some insurance companies look the other way and say, "Meh" until you do 20 over. then they sing a different tune. actually to the tune of, "You have got to be out of your mind, and if we continue to insure you, we will to! we are dropping you, no refunds!". at least sometimes. Liberty mutual is all about responsibility. if you don't fuq up, they treat you well. you do, and you get raped. in your wallet that is.

I want ride safe and sound and with this information i will be guided towards the right directions.
and we do too. Leather up, neck to toe, and always ALWAYS wear your helmet. there's this dude on 600rr.net that just got back from a high-side (meaning instead of the bike sliding out during a tun, it tossed him OVER the tank) and landed on his face. had he not been wearing his lid, 1/2 of his face wouldn't be recognizable. had he not been wearing CE protected leather, his joints would be shattered and his skin ground down like shredded cheese. you dress for the crash that never comes, not the ride. like i said, leather up and be sure it has armor. it's better to be bruised than broken.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:45 AM

My turn slugger, these are some things I like:

I am stuck on buying the CBR cuz it just looks so hot
At least you admitted it, this is exactly why many new riders get the wrong bike to start out with..."fashion before comfort" but in this case the "cool factor" can be lethal.

all i have to do it be careful with first 1000
That's all you have to do aye...what are you going to do after the first 1000 miles, be reckless? I seriously doubt that after the first 1000 miles you'll have this bike down, I've owned this bike since 2003 and I'm still not even close to mastering this machine!

i tried it and i kno i can handle it
Wow...I wish I had that confidence...if you said that in person I would have got a good laugh from that statement...as a new rider, this bike which is meant for advanced riders is pretty much going to handle you!

That is all...

Old 08-16-2006, 03:22 AM

Yooo yoooo guyzzz chilll a lill

I understand i asked for advice not for a freak list....

I am aiite wit the CBR 600...yeh there are dumb fuqz out there who cant control **** and end up crashing...

Yeh I like the bike for its "cool factor"...but Mr. I even liked 1000RR n yamaha R1 itz juss aint about the looks...

lemme tell u some about me...i tried a lots o bikes even the CBR few timez ... came to this site n read how honda bikez dont have any problemz (over all the other junkies)

I read most of the forum i dint see any1 talking about freaking finance who eva was to tell me that itz been talked over n over needz to go reboot his own memory...****...

Thanx for the info...n enuf of being nice n **** u needa hear it straight up...if u see something that u think has already came up...dont reply...or juss tell the guy to go browse the forum..no need 2 throw bs arounnnn

from wat u sound like if u cant handle the bike even after 3 years...damn boy get somethin within ur capacity..

whoeva was tryin2 teach me about the protection buddy...calm yo self down a lill...I kno....B4 even buying the bike I already have the helmet n jacket from my cuzin...n ill get some pairs of mine ...I juss asked for .... where n how much did u get ur stuff for???? NOT for y u bought it...u make me laugh by reading the same replies...

YOU GUYS act like some1 is specially askin for ur response...

Last thing I would like to say is ...dint u read the title of this forum....KEY WORD WAS " EXPERTS " ....

If u are talk like 1....short n to the point ... no BS

I AM getting the CBR...hope that i dont find some weak n scared ppl 2 ride wit me ....

Thanx 2 the expertzzzz

Jimmyyyy is here....late.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:28 AM

Dr. Jekyll

Sup every1,

How you all doing?

I just registered to this site today and I wanted to join this knowledge sharing forum.

I know many of you are advice against buying RR as your first bike. I use to ride my cousins motorcycle in India which was hardly 150cc n now i want to jump to 600cc.

There are few questions I have if you could please direct me on those.

How and where to get the best financing for the motorcycle (HONDA CBR 600RR)? in context to the rate with bank or dealership or like some other way.

Which insurance company is the best to go with and what is just about necessary to get since i dont want full insurance I already have a car and since i have bad record (without few tickets) I wanted to make sure I dont spend too much on the insurance. I've heard ppl just paying about 50 a month how can i get that ???

Safety gear? where and how much is too much? I DO want to buy all the safety stuff but still dont want to pay ridiculous amount and regular buyers and riders probably know good places with good price and decent quality so if u could throw some tips for that?
Safety stuff on the motorcycle? sliders and what else all i know is sliders are good for it.

I am stuck on buying the CBR cuz it just looks so hot and all i have to do it be careful with first 1000 miles its not like i have never ridden a bike before but CBR is one hell of a quick machine and i tried it and i kno i can handle it so im going to go with it my budget is around 8000 no more for the bike OTD so yeh if i could get some info in regards to the delearships and how to talk to them tips most welcome and am sure many other riders like me would want to know same type of information.

Love to all you smooth and helping riders and drive safe and enjoy life...

And Many Many thanx to all of you helping me to make the best decision.

Jimmy from Fullerton, California (so. cal)
Mr. Hyde

Yooo yoooo guyzzz chilll a lill

I understand i asked for advice not for a freak list....

I am aiite wit the CBR 600...yeh there are dumb fuqz out there who cant control **** and end up crashing...

Yeh I like the bike for its "cool factor"...but Mr. I even liked 1000RR n yamaha R1 itz juss aint about the looks...

lemme tell u some about me...i tried a lots o bikes even the CBR few timez ... came to this site n read how honda bikez dont have any problemz (over all the other junkies)

I read most of the forum i dint see any1 talking about freaking finance who eva was to tell me that itz been talked over n over needz to go reboot his own memory...****...

Thanx for the info...n enuf of being nice n **** u needa hear it straight up...if u see something that u think has already came up...dont reply...or juss tell the guy to go browse the forum..no need 2 throw bs arounnnn

from wat u sound like if u cant handle the bike even after 3 years...damn boy get somethin within ur capacity..

whoeva was tryin2 teach me about the protection buddy...calm yo self down a lill...I kno....B4 even buying the bike I already have the helmet n jacket from my cuzin...n ill get some pairs of mine ...I juss asked for .... where n how much did u get ur stuff for???? NOT for y u bought it...u make me laugh by reading the same replies...

YOU GUYS act like some1 is specially askin for ur response...

Last thing I would like to say is ...dint u read the title of this forum....KEY WORD WAS " EXPERTS " ....

If u are talk like 1....short n to the point ... no BS

I AM getting the CBR...hope that i dont find some weak n scared ppl 2 ride wit me ....

Thanx 2 the expertzzzz

Jimmyyyy is here....late.
I think this was a Troll and I took the bait...[&:]

Old 08-16-2006, 07:36 AM

yep...looks like all our insurance premiums will go up once this dude hits the road....literally

Old 08-16-2006, 10:40 AM

thats okay, honda dealers are now requiring everyone to sign the anti squid law. you can't buy a honda sportbike if your a squid. and if you happen to lie, and sign the contract knowing you are a squid, then the punishment is death...

p.s. I know thats harsh, but hopefully it brings some reality to everyone considering these bikes. Its a dangerous game we play, and those who don't play by the rules won't be playing for very long.

Quick Reply: Advice from Expert RR Riders