600rr vs EVO

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 600rr vs EVO

every top gear (video above as example) i have ever seen has a rider that doesn't push the bike, (no knee touching at all) and the cars are pushed to the point of tires breaking traction. even with that observation of biased I will defiantly attest to the fact that cars will destroy bikes in the corners.

and also, they call the R1 the "cream of the crop" motor bike, and the goes as far as to say that the porche is defiantly not, what they don't mention is that the R1 is 1/6th the cost of the porche, and even 1/3rd the cost of your buddies evo. and the R1 is not the "Cream of the Crop", its a bad *** bike, but a stock liter bike isn't the hottest thing on 2 wheelies how ever sweet they might be.

the hoast of top gear has it out of bikes because he can't ride one. (something to do with unusally small ********* and a large belly)

and back on topic, in another episode they do bring up another advantage that cars have in technicall corners, shicanes ("S" curves) the bikes has to travel all the way from full lean one way to full lean the other way, so it can't change direction as fast as a car that can simply turn the wheel.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G87qNe1NFw

probably the most realistic proof you'll see

Old 01-18-2009, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: pbn85

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G87qNe1NFw

probably the most realistic proof you'll see
Where was the proof and what was it proving?

Old 01-19-2009, 10:48 AM

I posted it b/c it shows the rr against an actual everyday car that any rider would be likely to encounter rather than a supercar posted in the previuosly posted vids. Secondly, it takes place not on a track but on an actual road with real driving conditions.

When it comes to cornering, sti's and evo's will give any bike a run for its money

Old 01-19-2009, 11:24 AM

Ahh, good point on the real road/car situation. Personally, I think it would be too dangerous to challenge a car on the twisties

Old 01-19-2009, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the video of the Evo vs the R6. I think a lot of it comes down to rider/driver skill. The thing is, most car drivers don't view driving as a skill in the way that we view riding. As a result most car drivers can't keep up with us even though they may own sports cars that are capable of it in tight turns. It should be noted that the driver of the Evo is the same guy who lives near Deal's Gap and actually makes a living out of taking pictures of riders there (killboy). He's also a serious motorcyclist so he's not the typical car driver. I do agree that the Topgear vid that I posted is very biased. That show is produced as much for entertainment and humor as it is for actual information about sports cars (that's why it's fun to watch).

Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PwApnTRf78

has nobody seen that before? the biggest of the biggest and in anyway yes price does play a roll but if you put any more money onto a bike its just going to turn into a car wouldn't it?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:19 PM

any racing organization with a sanctioning body shouldn't count
they put limitations on almost every aspect of the car or bike to keep things safe (at a somewhat manageable speed)

also who cares, it's more fun to thrash a bike down some twisties

Old 01-21-2009, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: bwayers

also who cares, it's more fun to thrash a bike down some twisties
Thats what got the whole debate started. Another friend (also an Evo owner) was saying how his Evo is so much more fun than a bike and that its more of a rush to drive the Evo, I called BS and things eventually led to the cornering debate. These kind of debates are constantly going on between my friends and I, its all in fun and no one gets very serious.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:44 PM

It takes more operator skill to ride a bike fast than a car. Anyone can jump in a car and drive fast... They have a big cage around them to survive the crashes and air bags and antilock brakes. Crashing a bike hurts.

Quick Reply: 600rr vs EVO