600 miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 600 miles

Oh, and by the way, all the research says the best sythetic oil in the world is Amsoil. There is other literature besides your manual.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

^Probably the only shop in the COUNTRY that does such a good job for not a lot of cash. not really sure why they would check the A/F Ratio (since it's non adjustable as stock) but for the amount of work they did, $80 is reasonable! If every shop did that, i too would take it in. However, most don't, and cost considerably more. in a lot of cases, it's just not worth it. That's the reality of it.
Yeah, I thought it was strange at first too, but they said by checking it that they could see if anything strange was going on with the sensors, injectors, valve leaks, etc. I said go for it. They are certified Honda techs, so I was all for it, and greatly appreciated the attention to detail they took. They even filled it with gas before I left. Again, this is probably the greatest dealer I have ever been to.......and Yes, I said dealer.

Most people have horror storries from their dealers, I have nothing but praise. They are all certified Honda Techs, including the Salespeople. I chat with the owner all the time. He said that he wanted his salespeople to know just as much as the service techs to answer ANY question thrown at them. This knocked me off my feet to know that an owner cares so much about the customer experience, that the salespeople actually KNOW what they are talking about with these bikes.

That's the reason I'll always (even if I move 2,000 miles away) go back to my dealer to purchase my bikes.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:51 AM

dealer here in san jose wanted to charge me $160+tax and some fees that i'm not familier with...i was like what????
you gotta be kiddin' me!!! so i bought the parts and did it my self...took me lil over 2 hours...
i don't believe in synthetics myself...i don't plan on keeping my bike for more than 2 years anyways...[8D]

Old 09-24-2006, 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

They even filled it with gas before I left. Again, this is probably the greatest dealer I have ever been to.......and Yes, I said dealer.
Damn, that floored me! You must have a good dealer that gives that kind of detailed service. I've never had my bike in for service other than for new tires, but here these idiots sell me the wrong oil filter, scratched my rims after I bitched at them for not wanting to install tires I bought elsewhere and have like 2 quarts of the oil on the shelf that I need 3.5 or 4 of. And these are bonefied Honda dealers/service.
As for the original oil debate, I think standard is fine and so is the sythetic. I've used the GN4 during break in and HP4 now ever since. The main thing is regularly changing it and making sure you don't get the oil w/moly additives. But I do prefer the synthetic.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: arkansashog

yeah, ok arkansashog, sure thing...

You want to avoid energy conserving oils, not synthetics. your information is false.

Hey buddy just because you read the manual doesnt make you an expert. Good friend of mine is a motorcycle mechanic, he says NO synthetic oils and with some research you will find what I say is true. That is if yours has a wet clutch!
600RR = Wet Clutch

Old 09-25-2006, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

i'm all for an oil analysis shootout fret. I'm getting mine tested soon, are you up for it? I invite others to join in as well. the more diverse, the better.
Have at it...spend all your free time and money testing every brand of oil you want, but it's not that important to me...my main point is and I repeat..."don't believe the hype." All you're shouting right now slugger is hype to me and our bikes will never reach or be on the same planet as an F1 car so do you have anything else to say about apples, while we're talking about oranges?

Honda recommends "Pro Honda GN4 or HP4 (without molybdenum additives), 4-stroke oil or Honda 4-stroke oil or an equivalent motor oil viscosity SAE 10W-40..." They don't recommend using exclusively synthetic oil because your engine will blow up...why is that? If synth is so supremely good wouldn't Honda, the company who is known for making reliable motorcycles recommend putting nothing but synth in their products?

HP4 is full synthetic and I just paid $50 for 4 quarts an oil filter and a little washer. I could have taken it in and got it done for like half that probably! I got raped I think.

Mike

Old 09-25-2006, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

i'm all for an oil analysis shootout fret. I'm getting mine tested soon, are you up for it? I invite others to join in as well. the more diverse, the better.
Have at it...spend all your free time and money testing every brand of oil you want, but it's not that important to me...my main point is and I repeat..."don't believe the hype." All you're shouting right now slugger is hype to me and our bikes will never reach or be on the same planet as an F1 car so do you have anything else to say about apples, while we're talking about oranges?

Honda recommends "Pro Honda GN4 or HP4 (without molybdenum additives), 4-stroke oil or Honda 4-stroke oil or an equivalent motor oil viscosity SAE 10W-40..." They don't recommend using exclusively synthetic oil because your engine will blow up...why is that? If synth is so supremely good wouldn't Honda, the company who is known for making reliable motorcycles recommend putting nothing but synth in their products?

HP4 is full synthetic
Huh... you don't say... Last time i looked at the bottle it said HP4 Synthetic/Conventional Blend without Moly

Old 05-21-2007, 04:58 PM

Arguing about which oil to use is like arguing about religion or politics. It will never get us anywhere unless "god" comes down and runs for president.

With that said, I am neither religious nor non-religious and I am neither political nor non-political. My views do not reflect those of the church or against the church or of any political party.

Use whichever oil YOU see is best for YOUR application.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:33 PM

holy ****... necropost...

Old 05-22-2007, 11:08 AM

I know this is probably to late to bring up in this convo but, when I lived in Japan for 2 years I ended up getting into the drifting scene and when it came to oil everyoneI mean EVERYONE recommened a brand called RED LINE for anything to do with Lubrication and drifiters need the best because you constantly beat the crap out of your car and it's allways at high rev.. Anyone ever heard of it???

Quick Reply: 600 miles