600 mile service

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 600 mile service

ORIGINAL: smarterben

Why shouldn't I use synthetic?
some people say that using synthetic too early won't let your rings settle in correctly...however a lot of people have told me thats just myth also. the way i did my changes was first change was reg petrolium oil (same as factory), second is semi-synth, and my third will be a switch to full synth.

i'd say for the first change why not just stick to petrolium, its not like it will hurt your engine (rather than switching early and something happening to your engine. better safe than sorry). plus it gives you a reason to ride more to do your next change to synth (if you want). just my 2 cents
You are right, I might go ahead and do that, thanks for the info

Old 06-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 600 mile service

ORIGINAL: smarterben

Why shouldn't I use synthetic?
some people say that using synthetic too early won't let your rings settle in correctly...however a lot of people have told me thats just myth also. the way i did my changes was first change was reg petrolium oil (same as factory), second is semi-synth, and my third will be a switch to full synth.

i'd say for the first change why not just stick to petrolium, its not like it will hurt your engine (rather than switching early and something happening to your engine. better safe than sorry). plus it gives you a reason to ride more to do your next change to synth (if you want). just my 2 cents

This is the precise formula for a successful engine break-in. Reg Petroleum - 1st change. Either Petroleum or semi-synthetic - 2nd change. Semi-synthetic or Synthetic - 3rd change. Don't rush to put in synthetic. Give engine time to break-in correctly. Honda puts their factory oil fill in. You cannot go wrong with it.

I consulted with a top Honda mechanic at Southern Honda in Chattanooga & that's exactly what he said to me.

I'm using K&N filters. They're made better than OEM Honda filters. You can research this online. Go to K&N website. They've been in the racing business for years & years and both bikes & cars are running them very successfully.