2009 Limited Edition Blue Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Limited Edition Blue Inquiry

I love the 2009 CBR Limited Edition Blue but of course for some odd reason, it's a European only color. Is it possible to have a dealer in Europe, of course at their decision, to ship it to the US? If so, how much would shipping and other fees cost? If the above is possible, would it be cheaper to just buy the bike in the US and just have the US dealer order the limited edition fairings, rims and tank (the only things I see specific to the limited edition color scheme)?

I really want the limited edition and am trying to figure out a way to get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 AM

If your going to spend that kind of money to get a bike shipped to the states you might as well buy an HRC Basic racer, haha, just my opinion.

it will be costly to have it shipped, no doubt. If i were you I would go to the dealer and tell them to make you some kind of deal. perhaps a trade discount; you give them your parts and they sell you the ones you want for cheaper than the original price.

good luck

Old 04-23-2009, 11:19 AM

Thats sounds like allot of money spending. Why dont you talk to them im sure they can maybe make the custom colors you want for the bike it will cost you , but i think still be cheaper then shipping the bike here

Old 04-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Buy a bike here and find the fairings. Either threw a dealer in europe, ebay, a dealer stateside if they are allowed to, whatever. Sell your perfect fairings that came on the bike you bought here to help re-cover some cost.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:40 AM

Thanks for all of the great ideas. It sounds like the best thing to do would be to order the fairings, rims and tank and sell the fairings that come on the one I purchase here. Do you guys see anything else about the Limited Edition that's different other than the fairings, tank and rims? I've looked at the images and just want to be sure I'm not missing anything. There can't be any discrepancies in the paint/color scheme; it has to be the limited edition, nothing less.