2007 CBR600rr with 91 miles. What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 CBR600rr with 91 miles. What would you do?

So here is the scenario, you want a cbr and you are in the market to buy one, and you prefer the 07's over the new 09s. You find one with 91 original miles on it at a dealer in your own town. They are asking $7,999 before tax, tag, title. What do you do since it is the bike you want so so so bad??

I'll update later....

Old 03-06-2009, 05:54 PM

They maybe really interested on the sale too, a mean with the economic crisis.
Perhaps if you let them see that you're walking away, you can get better deal.
If nothing happend you go back and buy it for that price.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:16 PM

I paid $6900 CND for mine, has about 7000KM or so. You should def ask for a better price, worse they can say is no right. If they do say no, say you'll think about it and be in touch? only reason they will prob say no is if they have buyers lined up, which in this day and age is prob not the case. Good luck ! btw if you need gear, maybe ask for some gear thrown in etc

Old 03-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Yeah I left for a bit came back and told them if they could match another one same year, higher miles, with a few grand in aftermarket I would buy it in 30 minutes. They bit so I rode it home for 7,300. I'm really excited.

I have ridden r1's in the past and I like them but couldn't keep the front tire on the ground so I knew I def wanted a 600. If money was no option then I would have bought an 07 cbr 600 in the color I got brand new. So basically I got my wish only 91 slight miles. I am very excited.

I'm at work now but should put a few miles on tomorrow. Got some mods planned already.

Name:  0306091710.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  56.2 KB

the skull stickers gotta go...

Old 03-06-2009, 08:02 PM

LOL, sweet! ya id prob scrap the stickers as well Not sure what your plans are for mods? but if your lookn' for front flush mount id seriously check out watsen design ones, i just picked up some, they look very nice! not installed yet, because im not riding yet!
damn winter, but will once i get out, also have a new Yosh RS-5 to install, may get an FE kit, but for now i have back flush mounts, on stock tail ( which i may or may not chop?) Have fun ridn' and be safe bro

Old 03-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by CBR Time
LOL, sweet! ya id prob scrap the stickers as well Not sure what your plans are for mods? but if your lookn' for front flush mount id seriously check out watsen design ones, i just picked up some, they look very nice! not installed yet, because im not riding yet!
damn winter, but will once i get out, also have a new Yosh RS-5 to install, may get an FE kit, but for now i have back flush mounts, on stock tail ( which i may or may not chop?) Have fun ridn' and be safe bro
Hey thanks alot man. I DEF want flush mount front and rear signals. I want them to stand out but be subtle at the same time. I believe I will get a Yoshi Carbon slip on too. Just for looks, cause this bike has more power than I can ride to full potential. For the rear I want to eliminate the stock fender and do something to clean up the tail section without having my tag down by the tire barely visible. Some 5-0 give ya crap around here. I'm having a hard time with my mirrors. I don't like the look of them but I would like to see who is behind me. I guess I'll just have to play with it...

About a mile from my house a dog ran out in front of me. Luckily nothing bad happened I just hate not being in controll of things. I am a pretty calm rider who likes cruising and the twisties, not a wheelie junkie punk kid. It scares me all the morons on the road though...

Old 03-06-2009, 09:49 PM

I have the Hotbodies flush mounts and am not very excited about them anymore. They were the first mod I did, and it was two years ago. But honestly, they're not visible at all from the front, the only way you can see them is if your on the side, damn near perpendicular to the bike. Not very functional.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Turner
Hey thanks alot man. I DEF want flush mount front and rear signals. I want them to stand out but be subtle at the same time. I believe I will get a Yoshi Carbon slip on too. Just for looks, cause this bike has more power than I can ride to full potential. For the rear I want to eliminate the stock fender and do something to clean up the tail section without having my tag down by the tire barely visible. Some 5-0 give ya crap around here. I'm having a hard time with my mirrors. I don't like the look of them but I would like to see who is behind me. I guess I'll just have to play with it...

About a mile from my house a dog ran out in front of me. Luckily nothing bad happened I just hate not being in controll of things. I am a pretty calm rider who likes cruising and the twisties, not a wheelie junkie punk kid. It scares me all the morons on the road though...
+1 on that! i wouldnt want this bike when i was say 19 i have no interest in doing wheelies down the highway or res streets, just too dangerous, too many obsticales etc.
im like you, love a good cruise, or some twisties, love getting on hwy on ramps love knowing the pwr is there when you need it. Like i mentioned above check out the watsen lights, main reason i bought them was because they are VISIBLE from the front not just sides, very bright LEDs , color matching to fairings is a nice bonus as well. You pay for what you get, at $140 a pair, they may not be the cheapest but imo well worth it

heres the link
http://www.watsendesign.com/Honda_Pr...Honda_home.htm

you know what i just realized, they changed the look of them? i bought mine maybe a month or so ago. 1st pic is from web site now, 2nd pics are mine.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 CBR600rr with 91 miles. What would you do?-ironsil061000.jpg   2007 CBR600rr with 91 miles. What would you do?-283.jpg   2007 CBR600rr with 91 miles. What would you do?-282.jpg  
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM

looks like you have a choice of either one LED (guess you can see front or side?) or 10LEDs. whereas mine is 2 front 1 side

Old 03-07-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by CBR Time
+1 on that! i wouldnt want this bike when i was say 19 i have no interest in doing wheelies down the highway or res streets, just too dangerous, too many obsticales etc.
im like you, love a good cruise, or some twisties, love getting on hwy on ramps love knowing the pwr is there when you need it. Like i mentioned above check out the watsen lights, main reason i bought them was because they are VISIBLE from the front not just sides, very bright LEDs , color matching to fairings is a nice bonus as well. You pay for what you get, at $140 a pair, they may not be the cheapest but imo well worth it

heres the link
http://www.watsendesign.com/Honda_Pr...Honda_home.htm

you know what i just realized, they changed the look of them? i bought mine maybe a month or so ago. 1st pic is from web site now, 2nd pics are mine.
I like the link. I wish the lights were like yours though... IMO they are much nicer and look more finished...

Bought the very first and foremost gear today. Very happy with my stuff. Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket. I like it alot! The weather has changed so much today so its def nice to have options. I got some Joe rocket winter gloves that are really nice and comfy. It seems like good leather. I went with a Fulmer helmet cause thats what the dealer had but it fits really well. They say they are good helmets but I've had no prior experience... Puttin the miles on the bike already feels great!