Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil?

ok me and a buddy are not seeing eye to eye here LOL......when u change your oil u shouild fill it where the oil goes to the top line in the view glass while the bike is standing up not whileon the kickstand correct?

Thanx Guys

Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Default RE: Oil?

Correct. Not on the Kickstand. And on a level surface.
ORIGINAL: Tillys600rr

ok me and a buddy are not seeing eye to eye here LOL......when u change your oil u shouild fill it where the oil goes to the top line in the view glass while the bike is standing up not while on the kickstand correct?

Thanx Guys

Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM

The best way to do it is on two stands, but if someone sits on it, that will do just fine. Also, it should be two thirds the way up between the lower and upper lines, not all the way to the top!

I have a question. I have been running the Spectro Semi for the last two oil changed but decided to go with the mobil1 full synth for this oil change. Its JASO cert and all that, I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:29 AM

you are right..the best way to check oil capacity full is keeping the bike straight up right,not on the stand.if you do that you will overfill your bike with oil and it wont start or might give you black smoke after starting..

Old 04-04-2008, 02:32 AM

What if it's already up to the top? Will it harm the bike? When I got mine it had it filled all the way to the top

Old 04-04-2008, 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

What if it's already up to the top? Will it harm the bike? When I got mine it had it filled all the way to the top

Yea I knew that was right but he wasnt having it HAHA........just loosen the drain plug and eas it out dont take it out all the way just enough where the oil starts coming out till it gets down to the level thats right!!!