2003 cbr600rr ignition problem.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:22 AM
Default 2003 cbr600rr ignition problem.

Hey guys. So I have an issue. I got some new bars and switched them out on my cbr, pretty easy deal. Just pulled the stock ones and put these on. And I got everything hooked back up and back on the bars, but now my bike wonít start. It doesnít crank either. And when you turn the key the fuel pump also does not prime. I want to say that the lights should come on when you just turn the bike on. Iím pretty sure they did but I could be wrong. Either way my headlights arenít working either. They may once the bike starts. However my blinkers horn and rear brake lights work fine. The front brake doesnít light up when you pull it. And of course the ignition button doesnít do anything. No sounds, nothing. Everything was working perfectly before. I pulled everything back off and all the wires and internals look fine. I donít see how anything could have messed up. I didnít try and start the bike before it was all put back together. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 02-01-2018, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Hi matey sorry no one has got to you yet, so here goes, what I would do is take off everything again except the Ignition switch, bypass the other switches on the bars and put they back on one at a time (clutch switch, stop switch and bypass the BAS while your at it) make sure all connections and fuses are valid and try again,hopefully narrow it down

Old 02-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Thanks. I will try.
I have checked all the fuses and connections. And relays. They are all fine. And everything seems to have good continuity. My next step is to try disabling the tip sensor. Mayhaps it thinks the bike was wrecked when the bars were taken off. Past that I do not know. All my lights work. My fuel pump just doesnít prime and the ignition wonít turn the engine.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Yes it will be something simple as they were working beforehand

Old 02-01-2018, 10:46 AM

Yes. They were working perfectly.
So I will try that and go back through my wires as well. Past that I may have to take it to someone. I hope not. I can only assume that will cost me a lot of money

Old 02-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lgarretto View Post
Yes. They were working perfectly.
So I will try that and go back through my wires as well. Past that I may have to take it to someone. I hope not. I can only assume that will cost me a lot of money
Don't think you will need to do that, its just a matter of going through the faults methodically, it wont be a problem

Old 02-01-2018, 11:23 AM

I hope so. I canít imagine itís anything major. Iíll probably find it and laugh at myself because itís so trivial. Thatís what has me so worked up over it haha
anyway thank you. I will go back through