2 day, 800 mile trip to save 1K?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 day, 800 mile trip to save 1K?

if you really want the 600, go for the long trip but make sure you confirm with the dealership and a manager there that you'll be getting the exact deal that you're driving for. i myself am a power/speed freak and would go for the 1kRR if i were in your shoes. but i'm confident that you'll be more than happy with the 07cbr600.

a rider friend told me its cheap to rent those Uhaul trailers that you can load the bike on. u can haul it with a car or truck and the rental is pretty cheap i heard (no mileage restriction). good luck with your choice and keep us updated.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell the original guy that you really want him to get the sale and all. he should be able to call around for you. but yea then you will be rewarded with great service for it. no need for the 1k. too much? maybe but you fell in lovewith the 6. always time to move up, not as much to move down. ride safe

Old 09-17-2007, 09:24 PM

800 miles worth of gas + hotel for the fam. + retal truck or trailer + time an effort spent driving 800 miles > the difference in price

on top of that it would be giving business to a guy who you said has helped out you, and would probably continue to help you out in the future.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Gville George

800 miles worth of gas + hotel for the fam. + retal truck or trailer + time an effort spent driving 800 miles > the difference in price

on top of that it would be giving business to a guy who you said has helped out you, and would probably continue to help you out in the future.

^^^ Yep, that's what I had figured, Thanks for all the replies.

Still, although the guy has been really cool, I wouldn't feel conmfortable just telling him "name your price" and acting like money is of no consequence. Just because I am blessed enough to afford it, doesn't mean I am going to encourage someone to fleece me (hell, I'd think something was wrong with him if he didn't try to make a good profit out of the sale. Its just part of the negotiation process)

I do think that I'll speak tothedealer'smanager, and let him know that Joey's cool attitudewas whatsealed the dealand convinced me to spend a little extra on the bike, instead of going to Tenesee for a slighly better deal. (ok, it would have only been about $600 to $800.00 better after calculatingthe aditional costs of taking the trip, but still..).

Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

ORIGINAL: Gville George

^^^ Yep, that's what I had figured, Thanks for all the replies.

Still, although the guy has been really cool, I wouldn't feel conmfortable just telling him "name your price" and acting like money is of no consequence. Just because I am blessed enough to afford it, doesn't mean I am going to encourage someone to fleece me (hell, I'd think something was wrong with him if he didn't try to make a good profit out of the sale. Its just part of the negotiation process)

I do think that I'll speak tothedealer'smanager, and let him know that Joey's cool attitudewas whatsealed the dealand convinced me to spend a little extra on the bike, instead of going to Tenesee for a slighly better deal. (ok, it would have only been about $600 to $800.00 better after calculatingthe aditional costs of taking the trip, but still..).
I think your making the right choice bud, the on e thing you forgot to calculate into the trip was the PITA factor. Pain In The *** factor of heading out of town to a dealership you haven't met anyone or built a relationship with etc.

good luck have fun